Pic on rail on a win m70?

I haven't got my scope yet, but i'm thinking of going with a picatinny rail for my scope mount base so that I have more adjustability since I will most likely be using a limbsaver slip on pad or installing a spacer to increase my Lop by an inch.

For the very few scopes I have installed I remember I would have really liked to move the scope a little farther back for eye relief but lack of travel space in traditional mounts always prevented this.

For those who have tried this set up, will this style base just get in the way for hunting? I mostly do spot and spook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murdy

WKR
I have a picatinny on my Savage 220 (slug only for whitetails in Illinois) and have never noticed it while hunting. I can't imagine it would be a problem. I mostly stand hunt but do mix some still hunting in as well.

Grumman

WKR
09a04cba0558a39a330e227aea515fb9.png

Here is my Extreme Weather with a FX-3 6x42 Leupold . I put a Warne tactical rail with Warne QD rings on it. This is my first rail but I like it so far. Very good eye relief which I need for the caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooperjd

WKR
i have rails on my 2 main hunting rifles. 7RM and 338RUM rem 700s. i like them a lot.

watch some youtube videos on how to epoxy bed them to perfectly fit your action. it's very easy to do, just use plenty of kiwi natural on your action so you do not permanently mate them together. this way, once they are a perfect fit, when you tighten down the base screws you will not warp your rail, which will throw off your rings slightly.

i took a dremel to the bottom of the rail to scuff it up a bit, both front and back. I put a tiny bit of epoxy under the front and tightened those screws down, with the bulk of the epoxy under the back, with it floating slightly above my action...which is why i had to bed it in the first place.

once it cures and you pop it off the action and clean everything up, when you put it back down it will sit perfectly on top with no stress when you tighten down the base screws.

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
Like any other one piece base the pic rail gets in the way of reloading, if you don't use a detachable magazine. But nothing beats them for moving a scope fore/aft. And the base/ring setup are usually about 1/4 lb heavier than just going with Talley one piece bases/rings. If you need it...you need it!