Opinions on DNZ mounts?

I have DNZ mounts on a 10/22 and a Savage 22mag bolt gun. I'm thinking about getting them for a Remingotn model 7 in 6.5 creed.

What are your thoughts or experiences with these mounts? I would be switching from a Leupold one piece base and STD mounts.

Have them on five rifles. 7RM Tikka, 260 Savage 16, 308 A-Bolt, (2) 260 Model Sevens. While not the most beautiful, they have performed flawlessly on all rifles.

howl

WKR
They're more reliable than what you have already. Point of fact, my standard test is to hit a mount on the side of a ring with a hammer with a light swing of the hammer; nothing too severe I guess. No shift. The other test is to let my wife climb a tree with it. She always bangs the rig against the tree at least a couple times. The DNZ survive her. They can probably survive anything that would not also trash the scope.

N2TRKYS

WKR
You're not going to beat what you already have. The DNZ mounts look hideous. Talleys would be the only other rings/bases that I would use other than Leupold.

GKPrice

Banned
good mounts, manufacturing is spot on for fit - AFTER mounts are on put a drop of oil (not WD40 FGS) on each ring screw head to prevent rust there - I'd bet that eventually they'll use torx ring screws or at least coated allens but they will show some rust after use, all of mine have but it's a pretty petty complaint .....

OP
PantherCity
Am I wrong in thinking the DNZ will be a good bit lighter than the big steel one piece Leupold base and rings?

The Talley 2 piece might be the way to go.

I can't find published weights on any of these.

GKPrice

Banned
Am I wrong in thinking the DNZ will be a good bit lighter than the big steel one piece Leupold base and rings?

The Talley 2 piece might be the way to go.

I can't find published weights on any of these.

DNZ's are aircraft aluminum and are contoured across the port to not impinge any more than necessary (very little IME)

desertcj

WKR
I have DNZ mounts on 3 of my rifles. Some of the best out there in my opinion. I love having the rings integrated with the bases. They are light, strong and straight. What more do you want? 20moa built in? Yeah, that's why I have one rifle without DNZ mounts.

I have DNZ's on 4 guns. Bullet proof mount combo. Light too. Rest comfortable knowing that it s a steep upgrade from what you have. You can't go wrong with them. I have three guns with the Talley rings too. Great set up too. I prefer the DNZ though.

I had good luck with the Dnz's. I have them on a few rifles in the past and they have been bombproof for me.