Kimber Hunter, some results

I have almost the EXACT same setup but mines toped with a 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest :)

Shoots great but man those little lightweights are jumpy buggars!

Lawnboi

WKR
I used one last year, in .308. Don't care much for the stock. Killed deer just fine and was accurate enough for the whitetail woods. Has anyone put one in a Montana stock and if so how much did it run.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I used one last year, in .308. Don't care much for the stock. Killed deer just fine and was accurate enough for the whitetail woods. Has anyone put one in a Montana stock and if so how much did it run.

Wouldn't you need to modify a montana stock fairly heavily due to the detachable magazine of the hunter?

Where can a guy find a mag box? I'm thinking of buying a 700 mag box and modifying it to fit.

Lawnboi

WKR
No idea. I love the action of the hunter but hate the stock, and don't care for the mag much either.

If I could throw it in a Montana stock for a reasonable amount is keep it.

GKPrice

Banned
You have any instructions for the bedding? I can't get mine to shoot as well as I would like and would like to try bedding it.

I'd bet the "montana tinkering" youtube would have some of the same EASY TO FIX stuff for the Hunter - the front action screw length and torque specs are of particular importance

I cut the barrel to 20" and shortened the stock on a 6.5CM for my grandson - He shoots it rather well - Now that I've got him used to the action/rifle I can go to work on troubleshooting this one too - not concerned about getting it to shoot really well - anyone who likes the Montana stock configuration shouldn't have any complaints about the Hunter stock and the magazine, although sort of "fat" pops in and out as smoothly as any I've seen or used

OP
Jason Snyder
The stock takes a little prep for bedding. It has honeycomb like cutouts in the barrel channel. I drilled a bunch of holes to allow the bedding to make a solid bond.

I only bedded the lug, I did not skim bed the entire action. While the Acraglass instructions did not have me tape the front of the recoil lug, I certainly would. Mine was so tight in there I had to put a wood block through the mag well and beat it out with a hammer.

Also, given the honeycomb design regular Acraglass might be a better choice than gel. I had a hard time getting it down into the honeycomb.

Also, I actually really like the magazine design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a link for the YouTube tinkering video?

There's a real good thread on 24hourcampfire.. google search should find it

Anyone try cutting down the stock for weight yet? I'm thinking shortening the Forend a bit and flip flop pad might get it down 5 or 6 oz or so.

2" off the barrel and a ti bolt knob and ur in it for 650$ and factory montana weight.

Just curious if anyone has chopped the barrel down and threaded it (aka Adirondack) to run a suppressor? Thinking of doing this to my 6.5 Hunter but can't find anyone who has done it.

Normally wouldn't mess with it but thinking of suppressing for son's first deer rifle. Why not buy the montana you say? Cuz I won the Hunter in a raffle :)