Favorite Rifle Sling

treillw

WKR
Not a topic that I have seen too much discussion on, but what is your favorite rifle sling?

I have been using a vero vellini for 18 years and the spongy material is finally starting to tear through.

matthewmt

WKR
My fighting rifles all have BFG padded and regular slings, even my tikka compact at the moment . I like the slider feature that allows you to sling it around your body and secure it for negotiating terrain etc.
I was looking at picking up one of the rubber type like the "claw" I believe but I'll also likely be running a gun bearer on my pack so may not need a sling a ton but I believe all long arms should be equipped regardless.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
I like the claw. It is less likely to slip off your shoulder.

Another vote for the claw. I got tired of my shotgun slipping off my shoulder this spring chasing turkey and went and got one. Problem solved.

robtattoo

WKR
Either the slim version of the Claw or a simple 1" webbing strap with silicone sealer smeared on for traction. The webbing is super light & I can make one up for around $2

B.S.

FNG
I use two, the claw for lighter rifles and for my heavier rifles, I like the Specialty Outdoor Products sling, it sticks well and has some stretch to take the edge off when carrying my rifle for long distances.

KurtR

WKR
Tab gear prs. It's not light but I take functional over weight. Maybe if I win the lottery and go sheep hunting I will change my tune.

kcm2

WKR
Sloganoutdoors.com

It's a thermoplastic, stretchy so it works as both a shooting aid and a carrying strap. I have one on every big game rifle.

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
RifleCraft RS-2 is my hands down favorite sling. I'm a big fan of shooting slings and this is one of if not the best, I like it even better than the old military issue leather. Once I got my first one I had to get several others for my favorite rifles.