Tikka super lites on sale at cabelas

OP
G

geriggs

WKR
nope not at all. But cabelas is advertising 6.5 CM in the super lite. Im a lefty and Im waiting on the T3x in 6.5cm lefty. I have waited 2 years, whats a few more months?....hopefully

$569 for a T3x stainless at Whittaker ain't terrible..

Dang! There's a decent price difference for the 6.5CM. I saw $569 and figured you had to be talking about blued guns... nope, a 7Mag SS is $569. The SS 6.5CM T3X Lite is $649 for the pre-order. Still a good price IMO

Muttly

WKR
Yup. Developed a strange desire to get my hands on a 7 Mag this winter, been curious about the T3s for a while. And since the Missus was in a good mood when I used the term "new gun", and Whittakers had em back in stock, clearly, it was a sign...

colonel00

WKR
Cabela's stamps a pretty hefty on their version of the Superlite for the camo stock. Quite a bit more than the regular black stock version you can get at Sportsman's Warehouse. Only difference between the Superlite and the regular is the barrel fluting as far as I know which really doesn't shave all that much weight. Purely guessing but with some of the prices I've seen, I'd almost think you could get a regular model and get the barrel fluted for less than what Superlites run.

GKPrice

Banned
Cabela's stamps a pretty hefty on their version of the Superlite for the camo stock. Quite a bit more than the regular black stock version you can get at Sportsman's Warehouse. Only difference between the Superlite and the regular is the barrel fluting as far as I know which really doesn't shave all that much weight. Purely guessing but with some of the prices I've seen, I'd almost think you could get a regular model and get the barrel fluted for less than what Superlites run.

I believe I saw $699 for the Superlight at SW the last I was in there - that sort of makes sense, $649 on special .... "marketing"

most of the smiths I've known wouldn't flute a factory barrel and some don't believe in fluting at all - I love it myself

colonel00

WKR
Yeah, I have one myself. I got mine from SW several years ago because I didn't like the camo version at Cabela's and I knew I wanted to get the stock dipped. So, it was silly to pay more at Cabelas than SW.

Just saying that, aside from aesthetics and a minor weight reduction, you could probably shave weight in other places. Put the extra money towards a lighter scope.