Tikka t3 superlite 300 wm reloading help

FNG
Hi,
I'm new to the forum but have been driving thru for years. Lots of great information and great people. I have purchased a Tikka t3 superlite in 300 wm. I have put a micro bastard muzzle break on it and fluted the bolt. Also installed a lighter trigger spring. I am looking to see if anyone has any load recipes that might save me time and money at the range. I am looking at Barnes 175 grain lrx bullets and Berger 175 grain vld bullets. I will be using normal brass. Does anyone have any experience with these bullets? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Jim

GKPrice

Banned
Hi,
I'm new to the forum but have been driving thru for years. Lots of great information and great people. I have purchased a Tikka t3 superlite in 300 wm. I have put a micro bastard muzzle break on it and fluted the bolt. Also installed a lighter trigger spring. I am looking to see if anyone has any load recipes that might save me time and money at the range. I am looking at Barnes 175 grain lrx bullets and Berger 175 grain vld bullets. I will be using normal brass. Does anyone have any experience with these bullets? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Jim

NOPE, 200 gr Accubonds only (I see no reason to change)

scott

FNG
Use the Barnes load data you can call them also they're nice people. Tikka's shoot Barnes well. Keep it simple

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the 180 and 200gr accubonds in the 300WM and 300WSM

GKPrice

Banned
It's proved totally safe in multiple rifles so I'll post it with the usual disclaimer - Norma brass, 200 gr Accubond, 215M primer, 71.5 gr H4831 SC in a Tikka T3 magazine - multiple (as in save the target from range trip to range trip and build a REAL group) 200 yard 1" clusters ( in the real world that will kill anything it's shot at by a skilled marksman any day of the season)

ID_Matt

WKR
I would steer more towards the Classic Hunters if you are going to go the Berger route. They work a lot better in the SAAMI mags that the tikka has, unless you are planning on hand feeding only. The VLD's would be hard to get seated long enough to shoot accurately and still function with the Tikka Magazine. The classic hunters shoot dimes in my Tikka and Sako. Have not messed with Barnes yet.

I've been messing with a Sako 300WM this year, that suffers from the same magazine/receiver restrictions. It's doing really well with flat base Hornady 180 grain Interlocks. 74.5-76.0 grains of RL22, CCI 250s, and WW brass. The 76.0 load spits them out at 3050 fps.