Flush Cups Safe?

treillw

WKR
So I've never had a gun with flush cups before, but it sounds cool how you can switch the sling to various locations. The only thing I wonder about is can the release button on the swivel get bumped and cause the gun to fall while you're carrying it? Are they really made to carry a gun 15 miles a day hunting, or are they more for using the sling to aid in various shooting positions?

Is there anybody out there who makes a swivel that is a little harder to release/less accident prone?

Thanks!

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
So I've never had a gun with flush cups before, but it sounds cool how you can switch the sling to various locations. The only thing I wonder about is can the release button on the swivel get bumped and cause the gun to fall while you're carrying it? Are they really made to carry a gun 15 miles a day hunting, or are they more for using the sling to aid in various shooting positions?

Is there anybody out there who makes a swivel that is a little harder to release/less accident prone?

Thanks!

Never used QD swivels on a hunting rifle, but having used QD swivels and flush cups occupationally I can say that they are legit. They don't come out accidentally. You have to PUSH the button and PULL the swivel out of the cup simultaneously. That action doesn't happen on accident.

Rolando

FNG
They're at least as strong as a conventional sling stud. I use them on my deer rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JigStick

WKR
I have multiple flush cups on my 17lb McMillan A3-5 300winmag, and have carried it on multiple hunts with a variety of slings. And not once has a flush cup released unless i wanted it to. They are GTG.

I do recommend planning exactly where you want them. For instance, I like to carry my rifle over my right shoulder. And I shoot right handed. Therefore I put my flush cups on the left side of the gun. that way when the gun is slung over my shoulder the bolt knob isn't digging into my back.