Kimber Adirondack .308 factory loads.

SpannerAK

Lil-Rokslider
Just pick up one of these sweet little rifles and anyone have any factory load suggestion? I would love to use this little rifle on my upcoming caribou hunt and don't have time to work a load up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Nosler custom 165 accubonds have been my go to .308 load in my two Kimber .308s. Granted they had 20" barrels but still factory stuff was roughly 2700 fps when I ran it over the chrony.

robtattoo

WKR
Laugh if you will, but I've always had fantastic luck with cheap Federal blue box in every caliber. It's generally my litmus test. If a rifle won't shoot that, it is usually a thorough pig to find a load for. It's killed everything I've ever shot with it, but that's only been whitetail & hogs. The 150gn is ideal in a .308

The Federal Fusion (gold box, usually Speer Hot-Cor bullets) is better loaded ammo. No more accurate, but better quality bullets. That in a 150gn would be my pick.

OP
S

SpannerAK

Lil-Rokslider
Nosler 150 accubonds shot about a MOA out of the rifle today, it hated Hornady Superformance, 3 MOA at best. I don't care for the glass I put on the rifle, so it staying home this week for my caribou hunt.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will work up a load this winter on it after I change out the optics on the rifle.

BrentC

FNG
Just got my adirondack yesterday. Im wondering if anybody has worked up a good load for accubond 165's? Thankks