Tikka COAL

Clarktar

WKR
For those who have been looking or waiting for a solution that would allow the use of rounds with greater COAL (seating boattails long for example) this looks promising

https://www.redsnake-tactical.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ID_Matt

WKR
Interested to see the feedback on this when people start getting them. Seems like it would solve my only complaint with the Tikkas/Sako. $225 is awful steep though

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
I'm on the pre order with plans to build with one this winter

It's a nice improvement but 3.50" is still limiting for long action magnums.

Edit: looks like these might not be for magnums, just standard long actions?

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
I will be trying it out on a Tikka 30-06

RedSnake

FNG
It's a nice improvement but 3.50" is still limiting for long action magnums.

Edit: looks like these might not be for magnums, just standard long actions?

Thanks for the replies/comments. We will have two versions. Both will be for any caliber with standard tikka bolt face dimensions for long action (270, 280, 30-06 etc) or magnum calibers (7 RM, 300 WM, 26, 28, 30 Nos, etc) and my current build will be chambered in 30 Nosler.

One version is designed for AICS 3.715" magazines as a drop-in OEM replacement in factory stocks (requires minimal stock modification) or aftermarket stocks wit factory inlet -- fits in my McM A3 as is.

Second version mates the Sako/TRG 300 WM magazine with the tikka action and is not compatible (due to width) with factory stocks but rather it is designed for aftermarket stocks such as manners and McM (requires special inletting). Due to variances in stock pillar heights, some adjustment of lever length may be necessary depending on stock. We are in discussions with several of the major stock manufactures about having this offered as a standard inlet option.

We are expecting finished parts within the next 2-4 weeks.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Tikka T3/T3x Bottom Metal - Long Action | AICS or TRG Compatible DBM – RedSnake Tactical

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Folks get touchy about people promoting their company and products on here without becoming a sponsor. Just an FYI. Might want to get in touch with Robby Denning or Ryan Avery.

Any reason to go with AICS version the TRG?

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Sounds like we are on similar paths! I want to see what I can shoot out of a 30-06