Lightweight Anti-Cant

treillw

WKR
Any suggestions on a quality, user friendly, lightweight anti-cant for a 30mm scope? Going on a cooper 92.

Thanks!

Last edited:

muddydogs

WKR
Your cross hairs? If you can't look through your scope and tell if your rifle is canted or not I'm not sure a bubble level is going to help. Ya you might not be perfectly level using your cross hairs but close enough for all put the longest shots. Unless you have a dead solid rest the little movement of your head from looking at the level back to your scope can shift the cant so why not just use the cross hairs in the scope.

ckleeves

WKR
Your cross hairs? If you can't look through your scope and tell if your rifle is canted or not I'm not sure a bubble level is going to help. Ya you might not be perfectly level using your cross hairs but close enough for all put the longest shots. Unless you have a dead solid rest the little movement of your head from looking at the level back to your scope can shift the cant so why not just use the cross hairs in the scope.

I bet you would be shocked shooting off unlevel ground or at an animal below a ridge line where your brain wants to level the crosshairs to whatever is in your field of view. I'm sometimes shocked trusting a level but it doesn't lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire_9

WKR

Have you ever used a level on your scope? I agree if you're not shooting extended distances it's not an issue but if you are, it's a life saver.

The only one I've used is the Holland's level. It extends just far enough that you can see it well but doesn't hang up on stuff.

Schism

WKR
I have no idea how lightweight the level is compared to others, but I've been using a Holland brand level and have been happy with it.

I'll second the opinions above. Having only whitetail hunted i never stretched shooting past a hundred yards because I can't see any farther where I hunt.

Went to Colorado last year and started shooting 400 and 500 and wondering why I was consistently low and right. Bought a anti can't device and it showed that I was off level.

Point being I had done it wrong for so long with good results that my brain was accustomed to the cant and when it was level it looked off.

I used a wheeler engineering and it worked fine. I don't think any of the ounces will really make a difference on any of them.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
It undoubtedly makes a difference if you are trying to shoot precision at longer ranges. If they put them on bow sights, they definitely have a place on rifles.

I'm just after something that isn't a tank that will be quality and user friendly. Thanks for the advice.