Kimber 84m Firing Pin/Spring

I have a nearly new 84m that has misfired on me several times with a 3 types of factory ammo. After some research on here and elsewhere, I had Kimber send me a new spring to see if that is the issue. My firing pin depth is right on at just under .060.
I know the first step of taking the bolt apart by unscrewing it with the safety in the middle position, however I could use some direction on the proper procedure of removing the rear shroud and accessing the spring in order to install the new one. Thanks in advance.
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Spoke with a gunsmith and will just bring it in to have a pro change it out with the proper tools and a vice.

GKPrice

Banned
Spoke with a gunsmith and will just bring it in to have a pro change it out with the proper tools and a vice.

known problem with Kimber, they have mostly admitted it but you can easily get a good (proper) spring from Wolff Springs and change it yourself - It's NOT rocket science

Daniel_M

WKR
I swapped mine out. Super simple. Drop me a line if you need a hand. Need a 1/16th Allen. 5 minute job. 🤙

Last edited:

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I had a misfire problem on a 84l. Turned out the firing pin was bent, roll your firing pin across a piece of glass and see if it's bent.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
877fcfcaab309cd926c6b1b98b7ded20.jpg
Kimber Adirondack 84M that is less than 2 years old, factory spring compared to factory replacement spring.

Daniel_M

WKR
Yup. The factory replacement is much stiffer. I haven't had a light strike since the swap.

Johnny 64

FNG
Same thing I went through I got a new spring from Kimber I could not believe how much longer it was it took some doing to get it in but it's in now and works perfectly

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Well, the longer spring worked as expected on my first Dall Sheep a couple days ago The little Kimber Adirondack is better than new.