Need a higher cheek rest

suchee

FNG
Tikka t3 synthetic stock. Have been using a stock pack with pieces of foam in it, but hate it. it twists and just doesnt feel right.

Something i can take off relatively convenient so I can remove the bolt for cleaning.

Google says Kydex with bolt/wheel nuts by "karsten", or one called "ACcu-riser", what else is there?

What works?

OP
S

suchee

FNG
Please no suggestions on stock packs, hate them

Also something easy to reset to my cheek height preference after removing for cleaning . That's where I see a weakness with the kydex and bolt style... Getting it all set back up after removal.... Or maybe it's fine if you knotch it/mark it

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I know you said removable but...
I built mine from closed cell foam sheets, duct tape and vet wrap and hockey tape to to wrap the ends so the vet wrap doesn't roll up from rubbing, etc. It works awesome, cost me less than $7. No issue with removing bolt and cleaning with the rod. Looks clean and no holes drilled into my stock. Took me 10 mins to build it.

OP
S

suchee

FNG
I know you said removable but...
I built mine from closed cell foam sheets, duct tape and vet wrap and hockey tape to to wrap the ends so the vet wrap doesn't roll up from rubbing, etc. It works awesome, cost me less than $7. No issue with removing bolt and cleaning with the rod. Looks clean and no holes drilled into my stock. Took me 10 mins to build it.
Did that too... Love My hockey tape doesn't work with tikka. The bolt barely clears the stock as it is

Here's a pic. I may put suede leather on the top for more comfort, it's pretty comfy now though.
00152326e3d5662b76c5cf761d09d42b.jpg

cooperjd

WKR
i have several blackhawk cheek pads. they come with 3 foam inserts for your custom fit. i use one full and one that i cut so i can get my face up but not too far laterally from the scope.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Kydex cheek riser. Drill two holes in the stock. Crossbolts. And a chunk of kydex. Pretty simple. Loosen the crossbolts it to drop the kydex. Then you can pull the guns bolt.

OP
S

suchee

FNG
Kydex cheek riser. Drill two holes in the stock. Crossbolts. And a chunk of kydex. Pretty simple. Loosen the crossbolts it to drop the kydex. Then you can pull the guns bolt.
Name brands?
I think kydex would be the lightest option too

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Name brands?
I think kydex would be the lightest option too

I don't remember what brands I have. I've got two different brands. Only one is mounted right now. They are all about the same. Some the kydex is a hair thicker, but I don't think the thicker material is better or needed. You set your face on it. If your cheek seriously deforms the thinner kydex, you'll probably be replacing teeth. Pick the one that has the bolts you like. They run $40-60 ish iirc.

letmwork

FNG
I have two plastic cheek risers that I made for my tikka they mount with one screw and are two different heights. PM me if you interested I will give them to you for free. I ended up putting a B&C stock on is why I don't need them.

Gorp2007

WKR
Here's a pic. I may put suede leather on the top for more comfort, it's pretty comfy now though.
00152326e3d5662b76c5cf761d09d42b.jpg

I did basically the same with my Tikka T3 and just had to be careful to keep it far enough back to let the bolt clear. I just used closed cell foam, vet wrap, and duct tape. I'm not close enough to the border to use hockey tape on a regular basis. So far I haven't had any issues.

mechengr

FNG
I have this same problem with my Browning X-Bolt. I have a Triad pack for another rifle but the Browning's stock is too narrow to use with the lengths of Velcro that come with the Triad. I liked the looks of the PIG tactical pack but didn't really have any need to the extra bulk. I bought some Kydex off Amazon and am currently making a hybrid design, of sorts. It'll be the same shoelace style attachment as the PIG stock, but just a plain Kydex riser on top, spaced with closed cell foam (mousepads actually) that are cut to fit. I'll upload pics when it's done, hope to get it completed by the weekend

KClark

WKR
I used the detachable comb from a Tikka T3 varmint stock on my 300, looks and works excellent easy to install. You can sometimes find the takeoff varmint stocks free or super cheap.

TxFRJva.jpg

Doghed

WKR
I'm also a fan of the Bradley check rests. They didn't offer a product that would work for my 700 VLS with the monte carlo stock so I took some elements from a couple of their models and built my own custom to that stock. Works great, looks great.