Kimber Montana vs. Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor

AXEL

WKR
I have used several rifles with detachable mags, since my first deer with a 1917 Lee-Enfield, Dec. 1964 and I did not really care for any of them.

I am most enthusiastic about my 2015 KMA-.280AI and while selling most of my 40+ rifles, will keep this and my first Dakota 76-.338WM, even though my hunting days are about done.

I load 160Npts over RE-26 to 3000 fps-mv and this is easy to shoot and perfectly adequate for any BC game. I wish I had one of these in .30-06 in my decades of packing a rifle every day while working in BC and AB mountains in various forestry positions.

You get to the point where every ounce of weight counts as you oftimes must pack other heavy tools and these Kimbers are exactly what one needs in a "protection" rifle in Grizzly country and are reasonably priced for what they offer.

The Montana and KMA tend to remind me of the "old" Mod. 70, just an American adaptation of German and British genius that resulted in an absolute gem of a "using" rifle for no BS bush work and hunting. Can't beat 'em, IMHO.