DNZ one piece mounts

Looking at putting a one piece DNZ 1" scope mount on my 7mm Rem mag browning Xbolt. They are aluminum one piece, 4 screws each end of base (8total) but only 2 screws per ring instead of 4 like I've usually had. Any reviews on them?

BrentC

FNG
I really like them. Wasn't a fan of that style mount until I bought my adirondack and they came with it. They seem really solid so far and have a great fit and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howl

WKR
They're as strong as anything I've used. Which is to say others have failed where the DNZ never have. I've never seen or heard a knock against them other than they're ugly.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I have three of the one piece DRT mounts, and one of the two piece Hunter mounts. All good to go. The Hunter is a four screw per ring. And without being a one piece, there is no bridge bar. So more room for fingers in the action if needed. But I'd use alinement bars to make sure the rings are strait on top of the action. The single piece DRT mount it's best. Much stronger when mounted. It doesn't need four screws per ring with the single piece design.

The DNZ comes recommended highly from quite a few optics manufacturers.

just installed 2 sets of these. they are nice!~ lighter than my standard go to regular base n Leupy PRWS. there are 2 and 4 screw versions. i went with the 2 screw per rings version. didnt feel the need to lap them. i did lightly coat the inside of the rings with rtv. liquid electrical tape has worked for me in the past too.

they'll 'work', generically, on most stuff. But there is no option to move or maximize spacing. Most guys don't bother to max out their stuff anyway, as they've not been taught that is the strongest way to go.

Used the one piece on the last four rifles I have owned (still own). Takes the alignment issue away and I have no issues.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
they'll 'work', generically, on most stuff. But there is no option to move or maximize spacing. Most guys don't bother to max out their stuff anyway, as they've not been taught that is the strongest way to go.

So it works fine, but in your opinion, your way is better. Got it.

I'd love to see where moving the front ring forward a half inch makes any difference in accuracy or strength when using a quality optic with a one piece tube.

GKPrice

Banned
What 'alignment issues' would a good rail and well machined set of rings have? Care to 'issue' an opinion?

THAT would depend on the action screw holes, like Remington for one is famous for not being aligned front to rear but it's not very common these days - as far as the "strength" issue goes, if you hit the scope hard enough to make a difference something else will likely be messed up as well - I have and do use them with complete satisfaction but ONE thing to mention for anyone who occasionally likes to carry the rifle by the scope is that it's not quite as comfortable of handy to do so with a one piece although a rail can present the same "problem"

THAT would depend on the action screw holes, like Remington for one is famous for not being aligned front to rear but it's not very common these days

What am I missing here? If a rail will be miss-aligned because of 'famously off front to rear holes', a DNZ won't be off the same? Are the holes in a DNZ adjustable for this?

What 'alignment issues' would a good rail and well machined set of rings have? Care to 'issue' an opinion?

Not a pi$$ing contest. You like your way, I like mine. The alignment of the rings as the scope sits in them. Not the alignment of the mount to LOS.

Cgeb

WKR
I believe in DNZ they are on every hunting rifle I own. Put in on, locked them in, adjusted scope. Never had an issue. To me thats good enough to get my business. If you need a ramp to increase your scope drop I could see why you would want something else.

I usually go to the range before the season just to check everything. Never had anything fall out of adjustment or come loose. Pretty solid in my opinion.

hwy1strat

WKR
I recently purchased the DNZ mount for my x-bolt. I was a little apprehensive about the 2 ring screws instead of 4 as well but decided to try it. I have been very pleased with the mount so far. I am not gentle with my rifles and the DNZ mount has worked flawlessly. The scope tracks true and it was a breeze to mount. I have the low mount and I have the Vortex Razor LH 3-15x42 and it is perfect. It is so low that the factory vortex scope caps won't fit over it...perfect.

To comment on some of the above posts: Being a one piece mount you don't have to worry about aligning them. If the rifle's mounting holes are not perfectly straight then the mount will either not mount up or it would mount crooked. This would show when you tested your scope for tracking or dialed your scope for various distances because the center line of the bore would be off of the center line of the scope. If your rifle's mounts are off centered then there is nothing wrong with your mount and I would send it back to the manufacturer. I guess if you prefer you could get a two piece setup and try to align them despite your mounting holes being crooked but that seems dumb to me. But that is just my opinion and maybe I'm wrong.

My experience with two piece mounts are lacking but I'm not sure how you can max the distance in between them out due to the fact that the rings themselves are not adjustable and they mount directly into the holes. That being said if you had a weaver or picatinny base and then mounted rings to that, then you could max them out but that is heavier than a DNZ mount.

All in all, for the price I think that it is a high quality mount that works very well and weighs next to nothing. I ultimately decided to go with it because it seemed to me to be a strong compromise of all those attributes and I can't dock it for anything.

mainman38

FNG
If your looking for a one piece mount I would look at the night force if your not sold on thae all one piece I have always used talleys