Cerakote applicator in Alaska or PNW

OP
Boreal

Boreal

WKR
787048e1e687f0ddf47660bc0279832c.jpg
a8233155ef3760e9ad0277d82963e8f9.jpg

Got my Kimber MA back from Alaska Hydrographics. ASAT over Int’l dark earth with burnt bronze cerakote. Love it! Did a great job, took just over two weeks. During hunting season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure where someone gets the credential most experienced cerakote applicator but I have three years of experience, I’m a gunsmith, and run a Factory Certified Shop in Eagle River.

Chugach Custom Gunworks LLC., located at 11723 Old Glenn Hwy, Suite #121 in Eagle River! Veteran owned and operated. Ive personally costed well over 300 jobs to include tumblers, firearms, watches, glasses, golf clubs, exhaust manifolds, and more. I’m certified in Cerakote and Cerakote High Temp.

If you would like to see examples of the applied product come see us. Attached to Eagle River Gun Cache at the above listed address.

DACC8D69-ACF4-4E45-9046-FED6BFD97FA4.jpgC62A20E8-AC72-4DC6-9700-41B65542ECFF.jpgA5202E2D-0109-4C4F-9AFF-48B8D1AF885C.jpg

787048e1e687f0ddf47660bc0279832c.jpg
a8233155ef3760e9ad0277d82963e8f9.jpg

Got my Kimber MA back from Alaska Hydrographics. ASAT over Int’l dark earth with burnt bronze cerakote. Love it! Did a great job, took just over two weeks. During hunting season!

That looks great! I really like that bronze finish you picked. I have yet to get a gun dipped or a cerakote finish applied but the more I see, the more I like. My biggest concern is how well it holds up. Did they remove the Talley's and cerakote them separately, also, did the trigger get cerakote or no?

OP
Boreal

Boreal

WKR
That looks great! I really like that bronze finish you picked. I have yet to get a gun dipped or a cerakote finish applied but the more I see, the more I like. My biggest concern is how well it holds up. Did they remove the Talley's and cerakote them separately, also, did the trigger get cerakote or no?

Thanks, I really like the combination. The reason I got mine done is the small discoloration that appeared after a boat-based hunt on Kodiak. Salt spray is insidious. The Cerakote should help with that, and the applicator warranteed it for as long as I own it. The Talley’s were removed and coated separately, then reattached by the gunsmith. The trigger is not coated. It looks really sharp with the black scope on it. Shouldn’t see too many more exactly like it on the mountain.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Thanks, I really like the combination. The reason I got mine done is the small discoloration that appeared after a boat-based hunt on Kodiak. Salt spray is insidious.

Impossible Kimbers don't rust at all. ;)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I wish I’d known that before mine rusted! Would have saved me a bunch of time!

HAHA...in the scale of rustable stainless rifles, Kimber is actually pretty good IME, but they are def not impervious to salt water. :) Dang good looking rifle man! Still need to get ya those CEBs!

Alaska Custom Cerakote- Mountain Ascent and Ruger M77

Hello,

I just had Steve who owns and operates Alaska Custom Cerakote, cerakote/texture both my Kimber Mountain Ascent Stock and Ruger M77 Hawkeye Stock. The metal work will be done shortly.

Both Steve and Phil Lincoln are friends of mine. Steve helped Phil before Phil left the state. Steve is Certified and is very passionate in what he does. Alaska Custom Cerakote does guns, airplane parts, mugs or anything custom. Since becoming certified he does a lot of coatings for a well known fishing tackle manufacture here in Anchorage and two well known gunsmiths here in town as well. Below is his point of contact. I highly recommend getting in touch with him for any of your needs. He also has quick turnaround.

Alaska Custom Cerakote
Steve Frachey
907-841-1273
[email protected]
View attachment 66138

Last edited: