Rings and base for a tikka lite

Beretta announced it but given the time we had to wait for the SL in 6.5cm there's no telling when the Lites will reach the shelves

I ordered one (paid in full) on July 30th from Whittaker's. They said September to October time frame for these.. which is quickly approaching. We'll see, I've been checking the order status page weekly.

As for mounts, I have a T3X Lite in 7mm Mag and use a Mountain Tactical 20MOA rail and Vortex medium rings with a 42mm obj scope. Works well for me

OP
Desk Jockey
Seems like the dnz is 4 oz. talley medium rings with integrated base is 2.5oz per set. A bit of savings there. However, the DNZ is $125 and the talleys are $50.

Fatcamp

WKR
DNZ Gamereaper is what I use. $50 or so.

Whittaker's won't let me buy a rifle. Put me on a list though. I'm cool with that.

Stainless T3X Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor. Prolly gonna be awhile.

Roy68

WKR
I’m working through the same issue and looking for more input. I’m expecting a T3x Lite SS 6.5cm from Whitaker’s. I was leaning towards a mountain tactical rail and tallys in low height. I have a Nikon monarch III 4-16x42 that isn’t being used. I’m looking at 700yds or less and with a 500yd limit hunting.

FWIW: I ordered mine on 10/13 from Whitaker’s. Another guy happened to cancel his order right before my call and I paid in full. The gentleman that I spoke with told me to expect mid to late November. However he also stated that those who were paid in full would trump earlier orders that were done on layaway payments.

I used Warned steel rail and I used their high rings. A weight penalty but that is one place I wanted solid piece of mind. Probably overkill but it makes me feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JTHeaney

FNG
I just picked up a t3x lite in 300wm. Pairing it with a vortex razor hdlh 3-15x42. I'd like talley light weights. From above it looks like the lows will work- am I reading that right? Also if anyone has an extended range near Dfw that would want to let me stretch its legs I'd love to meet ;)

Dang. No SW here, and Cabela's wants $900 for them with a massive backlog of 6.5 orders.

Gonna go for the T3X Lite stainless in .308.
Thats what I did, although I assume you got the camo stock? I could not be happier with mine, cant beat it for the price. Although the SL is a little cheaper, many have mentioned benefits of the lite over the SL.

" The only benefit is weight reduction and there are plenty of possible negative impacts to accuracy. I'd get a lite over a superlite if they were the same price."

"I chose the lite over the super lite when I got a 300WM. For hard-recoiling calibers I like extra weight, to a point."

"The biggest difference between the lite and superlite is the fluted barrel. There was an old thread about it, but I think most people said the weight difference was only 2 oz between the 2 models."

"I have both, I believe the ONLY difference between the 2 is the superlite has a fluted barrel. The barrel on my superlite is also 2" longer than the barrel on my lite so weight is a wash. If I could only find a lite model, I'd just get it, if you really want a superlite go get one from sportsmans warehouse." --- maybe a slight accuracy advantage to longer barrel but im a relatively short range hunter.

Im working on finding DNZ or Sportsmatch mounts and will get the completed pic with Vortex.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6

Fatcamp

WKR
Thats what I did, although I assume you got the camo stock? I could not be happier with mine, cant beat it for the price. Although the SL is a little cheaper, many have mentioned benefits of the lite over the SL.

" The only benefit is weight reduction and there are plenty of possible negative impacts to accuracy. I'd get a lite over a superlite if they were the same price."

"I chose the lite over the super lite when I got a 300WM. For hard-recoiling calibers I like extra weight, to a point."

"The biggest difference between the lite and superlite is the fluted barrel. There was an old thread about it, but I think most people said the weight difference was only 2 oz between the 2 models."

"I have both, I believe the ONLY difference between the 2 is the superlite has a fluted barrel. The barrel on my superlite is also 2" longer than the barrel on my lite so weight is a wash. If I could only find a lite model, I'd just get it, if you really want a superlite go get one from sportsmans warehouse." --- maybe a slight accuracy advantage to longer barrel but im a relatively short range hunter.

Im working on finding DNZ or Sportsmatch mounts and will get the completed pic with Vortex.

I bought a stainless 6.5 from Whitaker's online. Had it for awhile. Killed a couple antelope and a deer with it, couldn't be happier.

What size Vortex? I have a low 1" DNZ Game reaper with no home. It's unlapped.

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Can't say for the other manufacturers, but for the Hawkins Long Range Hybrids you can use the Low height for any scope with an objective 50mm and smaller.

Thanks guys. Went with Warne Med. barely fits paper under objective. Anyone have issues with Warne?

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 16
All my stuff gets warne.
a36b031d481040581dfd1e82eb0bc77a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk