Help with model seven stock ID

Kindo

WKR
I bought a model seven in 7-08 a while back with an aftermarket stock and am curious as to what I have. It appears to be Kevlar or fiberglass. All custom fitted from the looks and weighs in at a bulky 22oz. Any help is appreciated as there are no markings or anything.

Thanks!37DA5CAD-B491-4F97-9B83-14826DAD58B7.jpg37DA5CAD-B491-4F97-9B83-14826DAD58B7.jpg

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
Haha, that was meant very tongue in cheek as I can’t even find anything that light as even the McMillan edges are in the 30oz range. Thanks for the info, those are the conclusions that I’m finding as well...:confused:

[/QUOTE]For what its worth, I wouldn't say 22oz is bulky.[/QUOTE]

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
Well I just heard back from McMillan and they are "pretty certain" that this stock is one of their ultralight versions for some of the Remington KS models that they used to produce for Remington but has since been discontinued. From my understanding it is a Remington "factory" stock for their KS line and is similar to the McMillan Edge with ultralight fill which after further digging comes in right around 22 oz. for the Model Seven. Thanks for all the insight everyone.

I also forgot to mention that this does have a Remington factory recoil pad mounted but I just thought it was added to the stock afterwards.

Anyways, thanks again!

Well I just heard back from McMillan and they are "pretty certain" that this stock is one of their ultralight versions for some of the Remington KS models that they used to produce for Remington but has since been discontinued. From my understanding it is a Remington "factory" stock for their KS line and is similar to the McMillan Edge with ultralight fill which after further digging comes in right around 22 oz. for the Model Seven. Thanks for all the insight everyone.

I also forgot to mention that this does have a Remington factory recoil pad mounted but I just thought it was added to the stock afterwards.

Anyways, thanks again!

Your not thinking of selling it are you?

OP
Kindo

Kindo

WKR
Your not thinking of selling it are you?

Actually, the reason I'm looking into it is that I'm just not much of a Remington guy and might be selling the whole setup. I initially bought it for one of my kids (they're 2 and 4...) thinking that the model seven is just a nicely balanced rifle for a kid. Now, I'm starting to realize they have a nice gun than myself!