Favorite 44 magnum

Grumman

WKR
I’ve been really happy with my S&W model 69 in a Kenai chest holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodgeman

WKR
I've got a S&W 329. Sort of the perfect woods gun that's carried all the time and shot seldom.

In a Gunfighter Inc. chest holster, you forget it's even there.

robtattoo

WKR
Not sure if you mean pistol or rifle....
c3f5c05bed8c769d171358b646dc4893.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
That's my Marlin 336. Cut down to 16" With a 6 round tube. Killed a lot of pigs with this down in Georgia & Florida swamps.
It's a great 'woods loafing' gun. Weighs a hair over 4lb & pushes a 240gn Magtech quickly enough to tip a nice hog at 100yds.

EastMT

WKR
S&W Airlite PD. If you are not a plinker, just for carrying, that's my fave. When you load it, feels like almost doubles the empty weight

Colt anaconda 44. I shed a tear thinking about the one sold. Dumbest thing I've done. Man that gun was a shooter. Wish they would bring it back.

howl

WKR
S&W 69 is my favorite, too. 2nd would be Super Blackhawk with 4 5/8". I have had most of the usual .44 mags on the market. The double-action six shooters push the limit for care-free carry and use. Anything bigger and you might as well tote a carbine.

If you really meant pistols, not revolvers, the list of what is available is pretty short. Never was interested, and so don't know.

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
S&W 69 is my favorite, too. 2nd would be Super Blackhawk with 4 5/8". I have had most of the usual .44 mags on the market. The double-action six shooters push the limit for care-free carry and use. Anything bigger and you might as well tote a carbine.

If you really meant pistols, not revolvers, the list of what is available is pretty short. Never was interested, and so don't know.

I meant revolvers. Someone else asked if I was referring to pistols or rifles

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to beat a super redhawk, but for a woods gun I prefer a glock 20 10mm.

Axlrod

WKR
I have a 629 Smith, a Ruger Bisley hunter and a 329 Smith. The first two havent been anywhere but the range since I got the 329.

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I've got a S&W 329. Sort of the perfect woods gun that's carried all the time and shot seldom.

In a Gunfighter Inc. chest holster, you forget it's even there.

I've shot one before. Wasn't bad for 6 rounds; any problems or concerns with yours besides the felt recoil?

hodgeman

WKR
I've shot one before. Wasn't bad for 6 rounds; any problems or concerns with yours besides the felt recoil?

No issues at all. For nightstand duty and general range work, I typically use 44 Spec. ammo.

The only concern is really hot loads sticking in the cylinder- haven't experienced it firsthand but I tend toward middle of the road 240gr JSP ammo for woods carry. I just don't see any point in the really hot stuff in the 329 platform- sort of defeats the purpose.

I did like that they included the rubber grips. The wood grips are simply unshootable when your hands are coated in fish slime or blood.

That's my Marlin 336. Cut down to 16" With a 6 round tube. Killed a lot of pigs with this down in Georgia & Florida swamps.
It's a great 'woods loafing' gun. Weighs a hair over 4lb & pushes a 240gn Magtech quickly enough to tip a nice hog at 100yds.

My 94 44 Mag weighs 6-1/2 lbs. I'm surprised to here that the 336, a larger action, weighs that much less.

robtattoo

WKR
The 336 IS A larger action, physically, but it's a lot lighter. Also chopping 4" off the barrel & 8" off the mag tube plus shortening both the butt & fore end made quite a significant weight difference.

The 336 IS A larger action, physically, but it's a lot lighter. Also chopping 4" off the barrel & 8" off the mag tube plus shortening both the butt & fore end made quite a significant weight difference.

Interesting. Probably a stronger action as well, and cheaper to produce. Maybe they should offer it today.