Tikka T3x factory stock

I'm trying to decide on a new LW rifle. I have a semi-custom Savage, but Im not sure I can warm up to it.

I know I like the feel of the factory Tikka stock based on handling in the store, but how good are they in the field. I know it's not a Manners, but is it fully functional? Can you shoot it off a loaded bipod, or is it limited to use of a bag? I'm trying to make sure I budget appropriately since I like a bipod much better. Once I factor in a $275 B&C stock, I may as well just start with a Montana.

How are the interchangeable grip/forend? Do they add what they imply they would?

I like the factory stock just fine. I have no problem shooting mine with a Harris bipod. I killed a buck this weekend and shot him off the bipod. I havent tried to switch out the grips and I dont know that I will, to me the whole thing feels comfortable.

Yes they are fully functional. I've shot mine off a bipod plenty and have had no issues. Never tried the slide on fore-end but it feels fine to me without it. I really dont see a huge reason to ditch it for something else at this point.

If I could change one thing, it would be a slightly higher cheek weld (or make the 'adjustable' model easier to find), but it hasnt hindered me in any way thus far.

Gorp2007

WKR
I don't notice a difference between bipod and backpack when I'm shooting my stock T3. Like JollyRoger I'd prefer a higher cheek weld, but some blue foam and vet wrap solved the issue for me (and gave my rifle that sweet "custom" look).

robtattoo

WKR
Love mine. I did exchange the grip for the more vertical version as I find it more comfortable for offhand shooting as well as bench/prone.
I've shot from a bipod, sandbag & 'field expedient' rests & I've had no issues at all. My scope is mounted as low as humanly possible (you could just slide a dollar bill between it & the barrel) & the cheek weld is perfect for me.

OP
T
I don't notice a difference between bipod and backpack when I'm shooting my stock T3. Like JollyRoger I'd prefer a higher cheek weld, but some blue foam and vet wrap solved the issue for me (and gave my rifle that sweet "custom" look).

What is vet wrap?

GKPrice

Banned
factory T3x stock is just fine for me, completely functional - 30 - 32 oz range so you can potentially lose 8 - 10 oz with a Wildcat Composites stock I'm guessing