Problem help

Cdpp880

WKR
I have a TC encore pistol barrel that is shooting over a foot low at 50yards with the scope maxed out. . I have tried 2different base/rings and both same results. I can hold a great group at 50just almoast 1.5’ low. Any advice on how to fix it.

howl

WKR
If you're stuck on a desert island, shim the mount. Otherwise, I'd call T/C to get some expert advice on which part is bad.

4ester

WKR
Not trying to be a smarta$$ but are you turning the scope the right direction?I’ve seen people make the same mistake many many times.

Could also be you have some ring issues, backward or incorrect.

Where is it at 100 yards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
C

Cdpp880

WKR
I have tried two different base and ring set ups and used my calipers to measure the rings to make sure something isn’t off with both sets and everything measured up.
I have tried turning the scope both directions just to make sure I’m not being a dumb ass which I have been before but the bullets will track the way they should. The same frame with a few rifle barrels works perfectly. Can’t call TC bc I bought the barrel 2nd hand and the barrel has been threaded. It will hold a great group just way low.

I'm not super familiar with the tc setup, but it sounds like a situation where a 40 moa rail would put you right where you want to be. If they are available i would at least try one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Parallax ? Have you checked Parallax or another scope just in case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rayporter

WKR
get the burris signature rings and inserts and keep shootin. two 20 moa inserts should do the job. and they wont scratch the tube either.

in a worst case scenario you can mismatch the rings and put a tall ring in the rear and a medium ring in the front and get a lot of elevation.
and still not scratch a scope!

rayporter

WKR
there are other ways [such as shims on the rear.]
if you have two piece bases just file the front base down a little for an easy fix.. if i done either i would still get the burris rings to keep from torquing the tube.

frequently a one piece base on a TC will have gap near the front of the base which would make me worry about shimming to fix the problem.