QD Sling

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys just wondering if anyone had any good recommendations on a QD sling for my new hunting rig.. All i have are some crappy ones for my AR and the rifles a little to heavy/nice to use them on, Thanks!

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, so maybe a little off the mark. I came from a .mil background and owned and shot a few AR type guns for years so my recent foray into hunting has been informed by that.

I set up my first hunting rifle with QD points and a magpul sling - an MS1 I think. They are great gear but for a hunting rifle, the function is unneeded IMO and adds weight.

Most of my hunting rigs are wearing quake claws or contours. I am trying out a limbsaver kodiak lite sling but have not fielded it. I cut off the rubber "handle" and it comes in around 3-4 oz.

As far as "tactical" slings for hunting, there are plenty of options. I find the function that they have is largely unused for hunting -- you are not doing fast transitions while room clearing or tossing the gun over your back to scale a wall at a run -- and have a weight penalty. I also don't find that I am "getting into" the sling for offhand shots, because ideally, I am not taking offhand shots. The only one of my hunting guns that is still wearing a "tactical" sling has a Grey Ghost Gear SD GT. It is crazy light (under 2 oz) and doesn't have any padding. I am going to try if for rifle season and see if I like it better than the claw or the kodiak.

Honestly, I tinker with gear too much. If I were looking for a sling for a hunting gun, I would put a $20 quake claw on it an call it done.

OP
SandyCreek

SandyCreek

Lil-Rokslider
not so much into the tactical type sling, mostly something that doesn't bite into my shoulder really bad. Never have bought a sling with qd attach other than my magpul for my AR. I've tried the quakes before and like them on my muzzleloader, i guess i didn't know you can get them with a qd? or do you have to do an adapter for it?

Jackalope

FNG
I just put a rifles only multi use sling on my new model 70 build and it’s awesome. It has a bungee section that absorbs some movement and also allows you to use it as a “hasty” sling with the rifle adjusted tight to your body due to the stretch. If you have flush cups on both sides, attach the rear one on the right side and the front one on the left so that the sling wraps around the buttpad. That also allows it to be carried over the shoulder with the side of the rifle against your back. Much more comfortable that way.

not so much into the tactical type sling, mostly something that doesn't bite into my shoulder really bad. Never have bought a sling with qd attach other than my magpul for my AR. I've tried the quakes before and like them on my muzzleloader, i guess i didn't know you can get them with a qd? or do you have to do an adapter for it?

You have to buy the shotgun version and add sliders and qd points.