Micro bastard gen two

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone use the APA gen II brakes? Got one coming for a 300 WM Christensen arms Mesa.

Any problems with the lock nut deal? Kind of nice I won't need to go to a smith to time it. Hoping it reduces recoil enough to where the wife will shoot it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have a couple….they are extremely efficient at reducing recoil….and obviously extremely LOUD…won't use one on a hunting rifle anymore. The locking nut for timing is stupid easy for sure. Great break and would buy again if I weren't going to suppressors….as such mine will be getting sold and only because of going to suppressors.

Clarktar

WKR
I have a couple….they are extremely efficient at reducing recoil….and obviously extremely LOUD…won't use one on a hunting rifle anymore. The locking nut for timing is stupid easy for sure. Great break and would buy again if I weren't going to suppressors….as such mine will be getting sold and only because of going to suppressors.
Why surpressors over muzzle brake Luke?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

Text me when you sell it. I'll probably buy it from you depending on how much you want.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Text me when you sell it. I'll probably buy it from you depending on how much you want.

I believe one is a 30 cal and one is of the .264 variety…..I will sell them for 10% less than the cheapest price you can find…..and I'll do free shipping from Alaska. ;)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Why surpressors over muzzle brake Luke?

Cause its so nice not the have to wear hearing protection or have your ears ringing. Never thought they were worth it but now I 100% believe they are worth the $$$ and wait time to get them. Plus its nice for shooting and working up loads in the yard.

Its one of those things you never knew how nice it is until you do it a few times and use them, then its hard to go back to loud guns. :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
So he doesn't scare Molly

Live2hunt custom shelters

HAHA this is true....she has been right there by the rifle when it went off on 16 big game animals this here. All were shot suppressed and she barely turns her head...which is nice. Hardly silent by any means but not obnoxious. ;)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
HAHA this is true....she has been right there by the rifle when it went off on 16 big game animals this here. All were shot suppressed and she barely turns her head...which is nice. Hardly silent by any means but not obnoxious. ;)
Then I'd say suppressors were a sound investment.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Rick

FNG
I've use the Little B version on my target rifles. They are LOUD but with the brake on I see nearly 100% of my impacts. Without the brake I would only see 25% or less of my impacts. I haven't used a brake on a hunting rifle.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just wish the tax stamp bullshit would be done with in regards to suppressors. I don't mind requiring a background check like a gun if that makes folks happy but the $200 fee, plus the wait, plus only being good for that specific suppressor and not being able to transfer it, etc. Annoyance. I really want a suppressed 22lr pistol for grouse but haven't committed to the drama yet.

Clarktar

WKR
I just wish the tax stamp bullshit would be done with in regards to suppressors. I don't mind requiring a background check like a gun if that makes folks happy but the $200 fee, plus the wait, plus only being good for that specific suppressor and not being able to transfer it, etc. Annoyance. I really want a suppressed 22lr pistol for grouse but haven't committed to the drama yet.

My sentiments exactly. I have wanted to get a suppressor for a 22 as well, for small game like grouse, but the cost and my ignorance of the process has held me back.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My sentiments exactly. I have wanted to get a suppressor for a 22 as well, for small game like grouse, but the cost and my ignorance of the process has held me back.

Some buddies have them, find a local(ish) shop that sells cans is the easiest I guess. They're much more versed in the paperwork and worth buying through them to walk you through it. Buddies say put it in a trust versus on your person (I think that means technically multiple person's can be part of the trust? but I haven't looked that far into it). I know that much of it. Also as noted the whole process and that stamp is only good on the one serial number suppressor you applied for. If you ever sell/loose/damage that suppressor that stamp is worthless. (There might? be a loophole if there is a warranty issue but I don't know for sure). Yeah PITA...

Sodbuster

WKR
Trusts are the easiest way to own a suppressor. Many internet attorneys will do one that will work in all states. Silencer Shop will sell you one and do the trust for you( For a small fee of course).
Once you try one you will want more.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Silencershop.com makes the process insanely easy for silencers. I just purchased one for my 30 cal rifles and also one for .22's. It was very easy and I can not wait to get rid of my muzzlebreaks on my rifles. The Gemtech tracker is super lightweight and looks like it will do wonders on my 300wsm.

Clarktar

WKR
Silencershop.com makes the process insanely easy for silencers. I just purchased one for my 30 cal rifles and also one for .22's. It was very easy and I can not wait to get rid of my muzzlebreaks on my rifles. The Gemtech tracker is super lightweight and looks like it will do wonders on my 300wsm.
I looked at that website. Quite the variation in price across the different makes/models. Anyone have any input on some of the options?

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I ordered the Gemtech Tracker for my bolt action rifles. A few buddy's have them and they like them. Lightweight and designed for Bolt action, as they are not full auto rated. For the .22 I went with the Mack bros vapor. Seems like it has nothing but great reviews and is titanium and lightweight. Lots of videos of reviews on youtube.