.25-06 for Ibex???

I would say the 25-06 is plenty. I have hunted with one exclusively for he last few years. Load up a 100grain barnes ttsx around 3250fps and it will fold tough critters like lightning.

V65Magna

FNG
I use a Cooper Jackson Game rifle chambered in .25-06 to dispatch whitetail at distances from 90 to 400 yards. I would think it would be plenty for an Ibex at reasonable (200-350 yard) distances. The last big doe I shot in the brisket at 175 yards did a backflip and piled up on the spot. The wound channel was significant. Some routinely take Elk with the cartridge with proper shot placement. If you can get close enough and you are comfortable with your set up, go for it. I use a 115 grain Nosler Balliatic Tip on 50 grains of IMR 4831 and it has never failed me.

mcseal2

WKR
I'd probably lean toward the 110 Accubond or 100gr Swift Sirocco II if the rifle likes them. None of the others mentioned are a bad choice either, and the 117gr Sierra Gameking also does a good job loaded upward of 3000fps.

I have used a 25-06 for deer a fair amount but mostly during antlerless season with a 90gr Winchester factory PEP bullet or handloaded Nosler 100gr Ballistic tips. I picked my shots very carefully and the light bullets did the job while being wicked on the coyotes I shot with the rifle more often. More recently I had a rifle re-barreled to 25-06 and got more serious about loading a tough bullet. Mine likes the Sirocco 100gr bullet loaded to 3187fps with a max load of H4831SC. I haven't used that load on game yet but it's left small exit wounds on coyotes while dropping them in their tracks. Pretty easy on pelts for a big rifle. The Barnes factory 100gr TTSX loads shoot well too but are fairly slow at 3007fps from my rifle.

My confidence in the 110 Accubond comes from a friend who hunts with a 257 Weatherby. I helped him work up his load pushing a 110 Accubond at 3450fps. I've seen him take many deer with it and never has a bullet stayed in the deer. The most impressive performance I have seen was an 80yd shot on a big mature KS buck that went through both front shoulders and exited without a massive exit. It expands at all ranges without over-expanding and coming apart. I've used Accubonds with good results in many other calibers.

The one bullet I might stay away from that was mentioned is the 110 ELD-X. It may turn out to be a great bullet, but it's very new and there isn't much information out there yet on it. I don't think it's the toughest bullet to stand up to higher velocities and it might not exit. I'm sure it would do the job from a good broadside shot angle and dump all it's energy inside, but I just wouldn't trust it quite yet for a once in a lifetime hunt. I'll be watching reviews on it and may try it someday if it turns out to be tough enough.

I used the 143gr ELD-X this year for the first time in my new 264WM loaded to 3240fps. I shot one of the biggest bodied bucks I've ever taken, a 6 or 7yr old KS buck, at 150yds as he ran toward a ravine. The bullet took him through the shoulders and dropped him instantly. The bullet did not exit and did not hold together, it came apart breaking the first shoulder. I did not find any bullet fragments large enough to weigh when quartering him. I've used the 140gr Berger in the past and it has seemed to hold together better than that but it was loaded to 2914fps in my old 264WM instead of 3240fps. The impact velocity of the bullet was about 3000fps so it takes a tough bullet to withstand that. I took a doe with the same load at 321yds during antlerless season and the bullet held up and exited with little meat damage. Impact velocity there was 2750fps.

Hope some of that helps. On a once in a lifetime hunt I'd lean toward loading a tougher bullet that has a history of proven performance. I use the reviews on Midway to help make my decisions, and they show the BC's on everything under their specifications too. Midway doesn't lump all Accubonds for example together in the reviews only the specific caliber/weight bullet the reviews are listed under.