Uberlight Kimber Rifle Build, by Luke Moffat

RAAK

FNG
I have an Adirondack and I love the soft touch feel of the stock. I do not like the feel of the fluted bolt. It's rough. I think I may sell mine and buy a hunter and do this without any flutes.

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
Cool build.

Luke have you had a chance to try it on a bear yet? If so I'm interested to see how it worked and if it was better than your old 308.

I just happen to have a Ruger Gunsight Scout I am stuck with and I was considering a similar project to make a rifle for packraft trips (i.e. not really hunting but open to the opportunity to). I would remove the scout rail and fill the screw holes in by adding a rear site. Remove the peep site and install a small scope traditionally. Also ditch the unnecessary flash hider. I've already put lighter stock on it. Not uberlight but better than my 375 by a lot.

Question has the 358 performance out of the short barrel lived up to expectations? I've had several other people say they had better luck with short 308s and they advised I just keep it 308 and use a heavier premium bullet. Thoughts?

Factory-Kimber-Dall-Sheep.jpg

Luke is always pushing the limits when it comes to ultralight gear. In fact, he decided ultralight wasn't good enough and is now going uberlight! In his quest for a lighter pack Luke came up with a plan to build the lightest hunting rifle he could. In this article he details all the changes he made to his Kimber Montana to create a truly uberlight rifle.

Uberlight Kimber Rifle Build
Do you know we're I can find the titnum trigger gaurd screws

Luke is always pushing the limits when it comes to ultralight gear. In fact, he decided ultralight wasn't good enough and is now going uberlight! In his quest for a lighter pack Luke came up with a plan to build the lightest hunting rifle he could. In this article he details all the changes he made to his Kimber Montana to create a truly uberlight rifle.

Great article Luke. I just moved up to Palmer and was trying to get a hold of Last frontier customs. Do you know if he is still in business? Thanks for your help.

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I believe Last Frontier might be shut down. If they are, I have Rick at Extreme Rifle Works doing work on my 375 Ruger. Based on our conversations he seems like a guy who could do similar work if you are wanting to do a ultralight kimber (or anything else).

Thanks for sharing - pretty crazy, bet that thing feels like a helium balloon.

Wapiti1

WKR
I believe Last Frontier might be shut down. If they are, I have Rick at Extreme Rifle Works doing work on my 375 Ruger. Based on our conversations he seems like a guy who could do similar work if you are wanting to do a ultralight kimber (or anything else).
Rick does excellent work.

Jeremy

Elite

WKR
Any chance you have a link or a brand for tacky clear coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk