6.5 Creedmoor vs 300 win mag

OP
P

pkgtot66

FNG
Seeing my posts above. Do you believe the x bolt stalker LR is a solid choice? Reasons for choosing it:
Heavy barrel
Muzzle break from the factory
Threaded ( would like to get a supress)
Smooth action

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm currently in the process of getting my hands on a Seekins Havak and keep bouncing between the 6.5 and .300. I hunt elk, deer, and bear. My distances can reach up to 800-900 yds, not that I am comfortable there yet but it is a possibility. It seems as if the general consensus is the .300 for the potential of larger animals, but I have heard many people give the 6.5 a thumbs up.

Your thoughts?

I am purchasing a x bolt stalker long range, that is decided unless the HC LR comes down in price.

I will be using mostly for Whitail and elk, when I can get west. I wanted a rifle that I can take down just about anything and have fun shooting and honing skills for long range. The kick on the 300 doesn’t worry me as I shoot a 10 gauge 3 1/2” pump with goose loads all the time. Shooting will be within 400 yards for game as of now I shoot under 200 yards because luckily they come close. I will be stretching skills when I learn more to 1000 for target.

I would like help to understand the 6.5 vs 300 when comparing them for my one work horse rifle. I have had many tell me the 6.5 isn’t great at short range but, I am looking to this forum. You all usually provide quantitative and quality info.

Thanks,

Big DIFFERENCE between the 2 cartridges Why not just get that rifle in a 7 MM Rem Mag it will serve your hunting needs WELL ! jmo