Kimber Adirondack Owners

Brendan

WKR
I thought I read somewhere that Kimber changed the trigger guard at one point, and that someone weighed it at less than an ounce? Might want to consider weighing the one on the gun before searching - I haven't pulled the one off my adirondack, but I can say it looks pretty minimalistic, and is not magnetic.

OP
R
My trigger guard isn't magnetic either. Waiting for the local smith to get back to me about bedding this thing before I head to the range. All the box ammo is here for break-in. Now just waiting to hear from him

I've heard this several places now. Is the rifle just not THAT capable without bedding it? Seems like a lot of people are immediately bedding this thing before heading to the range. Makes a drastic difference? Thanks for the input guys! I'm shopping around for the aluminum trigger guard trying to find one.

In my experience when I buy a rifle ( such as a stock Remington 700 SPS in 308 ) it needs nothing but optics and operates nicely for life well within my personal parameters ( I'm not to picky and as long as its reliable and shoots on par with most other stock rifles in similar price range I'm happy ). Does the Kimber really need these mods to function properly or are the said users very picky or specific about the rifles they use ? I too have had interest in this exact rifle for awhile and figured it should be accurate and operate reliably from the factory . Is this not the case ?

Brendan

WKR
I didn't do a damn thing to my Adirondack. Best 3 shot group is under .5", with under 1" every time I do my part. That's with factory ammo, not handloads.

R H Clark

FNG
My trigger guard isn't magnetic either. Waiting for the local smith to get back to me about bedding this thing before I head to the range. All the box ammo is here for break-in. Now just waiting to hear from him

Shoot the darn thing first. You can always bed it if needed. You might not have to spend that extra $200.

Good luck with it. Please let us know the good and bad.

I didn't do a damn thing to my Adirondack. Best 3 shot group is under .5", with under 1" every time I do my part. That's with factory ammo, not handloads.

Thats what I was expecting and hoping to hear as I want to like and buy that rifle. As was previously mentioned I appreciate your write up that you did . I've read it several times.

OP
R
Have a range day scheduled with some of the guys pretty soon to spend several hours breaking this barrel in properly. Today's range day was greeted with temp drops, high winds and blowing snow. Good old April weather in Pennsylvania. Since there seems to be some interest spreading with this rifle, I'll document the trips to the range, whether it's on video or some pictures. I'll keep track of what happens and share with you gentlemen. I'm very eager to see what we can do with it. You guys have been awesome helping me out so far

Coyote71

FNG
I’ve got one in 7mm-08 shoots at least 1moa with hornady GMX’s, I have the factory muzzle break on it with Talley lightweight rings & a Leupold vx3 1.75-6x32 no problems hunting scenarios VS bench..love carrying it

OP
R
federal fusions and hornady american whitetails shot about 1.5moa 5 shot groups with me behind it. it seems like it is just about broken in now, as the cleaning is going pretty fast. 3-4 patches after 5 shots and its squeaky clean. going to try some more factory loads this wknd, then switch over to hand loads if need be

OP
R
Tried out some Superformance 139gr and they consistently shot about 1.75" 5 shot groups. Some of that could be me. I have noticed that if my trigger pull and breathing are not right on point with this light rifle, it'll throw a shot a bit on ya. Takes a little getting used to. Changed over to my last box of factory loads with the Hornady Precision Hunters in 150gr. Shot groups averaged 1" 5 shot groups. Some of that is me also. It'll stack a couple on top of one another, then one a touch outside. Overall, for a rifle this light, I'm very satisfied with what I'm seeing. Both load ladders are ready to rock next time I get a range day. Loaded 5 recipes of 139gr SSTs and 5 recipes of 150gr ELD-Xs. My expectations with this tiny rifle were very realistic, in my opinion, from the beginning. I wanted to shoot 2moa groups at 300 yards. This is a deer, bear gun after all. Here in PA, most field shots are under 200yds anyway. It's right on track to do that or better

Anyone run the Hornady 178gr Precision Hunters through this rifle? I'm interested in accuracy results and muzzle velocity with that load.

Also, has anyone noticed any difference in muzzle velocity with or without the factory muzzle brake installed? I'm wondering how much length it adds to the stock gun as well.

OP
R
I've been meaning to head to the range with the chrono, but recent cold weather in my area has me chasing bucks instead. Just threw together another batch with 139gr SST and 150gr ELD-X bullets so I can compare accuracy. Next warm day and I'll be on those

Try running some Barnes TTSX through it, if you haven’t already, and see how they do. I’ve gotten very good results with factory TTSX’s out of all my Kimber’s. On my last hunt with my .270 Mountain Ascent, I knocked the scope off zero and had to take it to the range the other day to re-sight. Here’s the last 3 shots at 100 yards using 130gr. TTSX’s.
9eb31eea0430f54eab2439f0f197ee61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Bow

WKR
I have this rifle but did some mods to it like flute the barrell and cut ejection port and it loves Hornady Super Performace 150 GR 2910 feet per second

I am anxiously waiting for my newest addition to the gun safe to arrive, as well as the lightest rifle I've ever purchased. The Kimber Adirondack chambered in 308. Hunting mostly in the Northeast, with shots rarely ranging past 300yds, I thought this would be ideal for carrying day in & day out. I suppose my question is, what kind of accuracy are you Adirondack owners getting out of these rifles? Mainly concerned about real world shooting scenarios. The more and more I read about them, the more I see guys saying that they just couldn't get the rifles to shoot well (i'm reading 1 1/2 to 3moa in some cases), when they took them off the bench, and put them on shooting sticks, or against a tree, etc. More like real world hunting situations. I spoke with a Kimber rep, and he told me to first try out Federal Trophy 165gr and Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr factory loads. They have had good luck with those. If those aren't 1/2 moa, I will work up a load for it. No worries there. I'm certain it will shoot off the bench just fine. Are these "hunting situation" accuracy problems I'm reading about, just possibly due to poor marksmanship fundamentals with such a light rifle? Guys jamming a lightweight rifle into a tree too hard and flexing the stock into the barrel? Looking forward to any shooting/reloading advice on the new setup. Eager to hear some 1st hand hunting accounts. Thanks a lot in advance . Appreciate your time
It will shoot,give it a chance to get to know you, really visa versa