Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle

frankrb3

WKR
I've always used a traditional style rifle for hunting but I really like the way this gun looks. I think the folding stock is convenient if you're strapping your rifle to a pack and I like this pistol grip for prone shooting. Anyone here have any experience shooting one yet? Seems like a relatively new rifle and I couldn't find any threads on rokslide talking about it.

Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle | Bolt-Action Chassis Rifle

Jake C.

FNG
I just ordered their ridgeline but that was a very close 2nd for the same reason you had, being that the pistol grip is so nice to shoot with from the prone position. I don't think you could go wrong with getting one and let us know what you think about it if you get one.

OP
F

frankrb3

WKR
I just ordered their ridgeline but that was a very close 2nd for the same reason you had, being that the pistol grip is so nice to shoot with from the prone position. I don't think you could go wrong with getting one and let us know what you think about it if you get one.

What caliber did you get your ridgeline in? One thing I don't like about the MPR is the limited caliber options at this time.

Jake C.

FNG
300 Win Mag. I got it for Mule Deer / Elk and some buddies and I do some shooting around the farm for fun. I ended up going with the Ridgeline because of weight and the barrel length or I would have gotten the Mesa. I think the Bronze Mesa looks really sharp but I wanted the 26 inch barrel.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Tikka makes a similar rifle for about 500 bucks cheaper. With the cult following the t3x gets due to its accuracy, the Tikka version might be worth a look.

OP
F

frankrb3

WKR
Tikka makes a similar rifle for about 500 bucks cheaper. With the cult following the t3x gets due to its accuracy, the Tikka version might be worth a look.

I saw that when I was looking around for more information on the Christensen MPR. To be honest I don't usually like a tactical type firearm for hunting, I prefer a tradition stock and grip (Currently using a Tikka T3) but the way they have put the MPR together just looks awesome and practical as a hunting setup. The Tikka stock doesn't look like it folds which is a huge reason as to why I would go with this kind of setup in the first place. Still looking hard at the Barrett fieldcraft as well.

mt100gr.

WKR
The Tikka is significantly heavier as well. I talked with Christensen and they are planning to release other caliber offerings in the future.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm with you you guys, I like the Christensen better myself and I'm sort of considering one, it would be cool to get something a bit different than usual. The folding stock would be very cool as well.

At that price I’d be taking a look at The Fix rife by Q and, possibly, the new Tubb rifle. The Tubb May be pricier, though. I like Christenson but they have had a fair amount of QC issues - rifles being hit or miss. Besides, it’s hardly much more to build your own if you’re going the chassis route. Buy a custom action and have a great smith spin your barrel up how YOU want it. Alamo Precision Rifles has a action/barrel combo that uses a Curtis Axiom and your choice of barrels in a wide variety of barrels and it’s VERY reasonable. For that price why not get the individual attention? Or get something even more precision like the Fix or the Tubb? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Christenson Arms Modern Precision Rifle

Been testing the MPR for awhile and will have a full review when shots over. They changed a few things on the production rifle I want to see first.

Truthfully I had a lot of reservations about this chassis. But after shooting it I love it. I was worried about how well the folder would lock up. CA nailed it, it's robust and super solid in a somewhat lightweight package.
e6ae9e91c1185bed6563cb04db14006d.jpg

I do hope they sell the chassis by itself.

I think they look like a really nice option. 6.5 Creed, 6.5 PRC, 300 Win, 300 Norma, 338 Lapua... Maybe Broz talked em out of a 7mm but other than that, they have their bases covered well.

Been testing the MPR for awhile and will have a full review when shots over. They changed a few things on the production rifle I want to see first.

Truthfully I had a lot of reservations about this chassis. But after shooting it I love it. I was worried about how well the folder would lock up. CA nailed it, it's robust and super solid in a somewhat lightweight package.

Oh look at this guy with the new hotness topped with a Maven scope...

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I think they look like a really nice option. 6.5 Creed, 6.5 PRC, 300 Win, 300 Norma, 338 Lapua... Maybe Broz talked em out of a 7mm but other than that, they have their bases covered well.

Haha, broz and I are doing a podcast on the AMAZING .284s on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
Ryan, what barrel length have you been testing and if it's not to much trouble - what is the length of the rifle when folded? Thanks.

OP
F

frankrb3

WKR

I am looking forward to the review. Thanks for responding Ryan.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan, what barrel length have you been testing and if it's not to much trouble - what is the length of the rifle when folded? Thanks.

It has a 22-inch barrel. The folded length is just under 34 inches.

Its chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and you will see in the review, its a tack driver!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has a 22-inch barrel. The folded length is just under 34 inches.

Its chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and you will see in the review, its a tack driver!

How different do you think the package would be in something like .300 WM? It sure is a good looking setup! :)

mt100gr.

WKR
Revival!

I am not sure why but this rifle really interests me....

Ryan, any further news on your experiences with it? And, like the posts above, I am curious how you think this platform would be in 300WM? With optics it would likely be around 10lbs so I cannot imagine it being difficult to control or settle into. ...thanks.