FHF Razco Holster

mmw194287

WKR
Wondering if anyone out there has had a chance to try out the FHF Razco holster yet. I like the idea in theory, but I'm curious to know how it feels, carries, etc.

Trying to decide between this and the Kenai Gunfighter set up. I like the orientation of the FHF set up and the idea of only having to take-off one chest rig to add/shed layers, but seems like it has the potential to feel pretty heavy/unwieldy.

FWIW, will be carrying a Glock 29. Any insight will be much appreciated!

AdamW

WKR
No personal experience, but I think your assumptions of this being unwieldy and "floppy" are probably a safe assumption just based on phsyics. The Kenai centering the weight of the gun at your sternum will be considerably more stable. I like the idea, but not the execution. Note how the grip of any larger gun (maybe not the 29) will extend past the sides of your torso unless you have a uhhh wide torso. :D

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've never tried it but I'd save my money and get a kenai from Gunfighters Inc. In fact I need another g20 shell from gunfighters.

Cool idea.

For those in the know. How important is speed of draw for bear protection? I am just wondering if having the gun covered in a pouch like the Kifaru tombstone would be a bad option. I don’t have any direct experience with toting a pistol in brown bear country. I am just wondering if an extra second on the draw would be a deal breaker.

Video: Why you shouldn't try to outrun a bear - Telegraph

If he wants you, and you're in a situation where you're concerned about speed of the draw, he's probably gonna get you

That’s what I kinda thought. I would presume a pistol in a pouch is going to be about as fast as a shotgun or rifle on a shoulder, especially if your Long gun is “condition 3” and you need to chamber a bullet vs a pistol that I presume is going to have a loaded cylinder or one in the pipe. Either way, if a bear has bad intentions, it seems like if you didn’t have enough advance warning to get your gun in hand you probably don’t have enough time to do anything before an attack.