Weatherby and First Lite team-up

4IDARCHER

WKR
Anyone see the Weatherby Vanguard First Lite Fusion model?
I know, I know, it’s only a Vanguard that has been cerakoted and dipped and has a muzzle break, but I think it would still be pretty cool.

Looks pretty cool ! Does anyone know where to find specs on it ? I couldn’t find them on weatherbys site I’m mainly looking for a barrel length and total weight. I have a vanguard that’s about 7 years old that just sits in the safe most trips because it’s so damn heavy and I prefer to pack my lighter tikka. Just curious if they have taken some steps to lighten em up a little.

ofl0926

WKR
barrel will be 24in in standard calibers
barrel will be 26 in weatherby magnum calibers
weight will probably be the same as the accuguard

There is a specifications tab on their website. They list them all as 7.5 lbs but I'd expect a 308 with 24" barrel to weigh less than a 300 Weatherby with a 26" barrel.

I didn't mean it in a condescending manner. I didn't know if I was overlooking something. I'm assuming 9/16 is the largest diameter they can use with that barrel contour.

Edit: looks like a #2 contour is 0.600" diameter at 26", so 5/8" isn't possible.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don’t know what to make of it. Not that I necessarily want to throw my 6.9 inch suppressor on the end of a 26” inch barrel, but my mind wants that option if I decide I do.

efb455c0c925fd51eca8f493b53973de.jpg

I love the look of the barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don’t know what to make of it. Not that I necessarily want to throw my 6.9 inch suppressor on the end of a 26” inch barrel, but my mind wants that option if I decide I do.

Should be able to use a thread adapter.

Yeah that would be a decent option with a direct thread, but I would have to thread on the thread adapter then the muzzle device and then the suppressor. In all actuality, the more I think about it the less appealing it is to throw a suppressor on a long barrel magnum.

KJH

WKR
I've had my hands on one... I sold one last week in .270. It was average weight. I'd bet around 7-8lbs.

It was neat looking, if nothing else.

Motown

WKR
Bumping an old thread up. Thinking about picking one up and was curious if anyone has played with one at all?

16Bore

WKR
Haven’t seen Rinella toting one yet, reckon it won’t be long.

BigLost

FNG
Bumping an old thread up. Thinking about picking one up and was curious if anyone has played with one at all?

I have one in 300 WM. It’s a nice rifle but with the addition of the NF SHV F1, it’s quite the boat anchor. Guessing I’m sitting at 10lbs. It’s accurate enough for my needs though, which is elk out to 600 or less. The No2 profile barrel gets whippy if it heats up and strings I noticed on the break in.