Seekins Havak PH2

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Saw this on the Seekins shot show video and though it was interesting. 7.1 pounds for the long action. Barrels and bolt faces available later to be able to swap between 28 Nosler and 300 Win mag. No gunsmith required. It also comes standard with the Timney Calvin Elite trigger. Price tag is spendy at 4,500$, but it seems pretty interesting to me. They are also offering this stock for other actions. It's part of their new composites line they just released.

PH2.jpg

Clark33

WKR
That's kinda cool, but really, if you have a 300wm do you really need a 28 nosler? and vice versa? But again... thats pretty dang cool

OP
kharb22

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I think they'll add more calibers for the both long and the short actions, but those are the only 2 they offer in long action right now. I'm just getting started into Elk Hunting, and I've been reading a lot about the 28/7MM vs 300 battle, so this possibly gives me the option to try both. Until my wife sees the bill and kills me.

I'm not following seekins pricing logic. It looks like the ph2 gets a Calvin elite and cerakote over the ph1's timney 510 and bead blasted stainless. MRSP for the PH1 is $2200.. where is the $2300 premium going? Has to be something else.. DLC action and a cut rifled barrel might help a little but I can't see what else is there.

OP
kharb22

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not following seekins pricing logic. It looks like the ph2 gets a Calvin elite and cerakote over the ph1's timney 510 and bead blasted stainless. MRSP for the PH1 is $2200.. where is the $2300 premium going? Has to be something else.. DLC action and a cut rifled barrel might help a little but I can't see what else is there.
It does have their new carbon stock on it as well. Other than that, and the stuff you listed, I'm not entirely sure what else they have changed over the PH1.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It does have their new carbon stock on it as well. Other than that, and the stuff you listed, I'm not entirely sure what else they have changed over the PH1.

PH1 has the carbon stock as well and is replacing the original havak with Mickey game warden stock. It's currently listed on their website for $2200.

OP
kharb22

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I think the PH1 is a composite, not carbon, but I can't say for sure until it hits the website.

OP
kharb22

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
After looking at the specs, the PH1 does have a carbon stock, but it is different than the one they are putting on the PH2. What the difference is aside from color, I have no clue.

ProComp CH2

For the price of the PH2 you can have a full custom from someone like West Texas Ordinance using their Switchlug and have a custom. That price is ridiculous for what it is. I’m a real fan of Seekins and have been really impressed with the Havak; but somebody at Seekins seems to have outgrown their britches and completely lost their mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the price of the PH2 you can have a full custom from someone like West Texas Ordinance using their Switchlug and have a custom. That price is ridiculous for what it is. I’m a real fan of Seekins and have been really impressed with the Havak; but somebody at Seekins seems to have outgrown their britches and completely lost their mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they are kind of on both ends of the spectrum, crazy value with the ph1 and then premium price point like a GAP or gunwerks on the ph2. Seems like the havak line is kind of evolving and figuring out exactly what they want to be still. I am just happy there are so many good new options in the precision rifle world.

OP
kharb22

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I think I'm going to end up with the PH1. I like the look of the PH2, and I'll wait to see what more 2300$ dollars gets me, but I doubt it'll be enough to change my mind. I do like to see them branching out though with the Havak line.