new Sako and Tikka rifles

Anybody else see the new rifles from Sako that debuted at shot show. New Finnlite2 with carbon fiber adjustable stock, cerakoted metal. Also the Black Wolf and Carbon Wolf look awesome. If I wasnt already waiting on a custom I think I would just pick up one of these new guns.

Not to mention the New Tikka T1X rimfire. .22lr and .17hmr in a rifle with the same footprint as a T3 centerfire. All T3 stocks and accessories with cross over to this rimfire. Definitely going to pick one up.

Ooooh. Going to need one of those 22lr guns.

Wonder what the weights are on the new Sakkos. They look wicked.

Ooooh. Going to need one of those 22lr guns.

Wonder what the weights are on the new Sakkos. They look wicked.

That was my question. How are you gonna announce a rifle with the word “light” in the name and not give the weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E
That was my question. How are you gonna announce a rifle with the word “light” in the name and not give the weight?

think I saw something with the finnlite under 6lbs. Which I thought was light considering it has integral cheek adjustment. The new stocks look totally bitchin.

FURMAN

WKR
They are making some really cool rifles but they are still neutering them with slow twist barrels and short magazines.

Trial153

WKR
I am thinking I sell my two model 52s, put the money towards a bowhunt and buy one of the new Tikka Rimfire also

Last edited:

HiMtnHntr

WKR
You have to download the catalog to get weights. I haven't gone though all of them, but the Sako Finnlight II is over 6 lbs. Also, the so-called "superlite" Tikkas don't appear in the catalog unless I'm missing something. Lots of issues with listed weights of lites vs superlites between cabelas, sportsman's, etc...

2five7

WKR
They are making some really cool rifles but they are still neutering them with slow twist barrels and short magazines.

Yeah I noticed they are still doing that. I guess they are catering to the factory ammo shooters that don't look at those type of specs. Browning, on the other hand, is catching on. Their new LR rifles are coming with fast twist barrels, 8" in 7mm and 7" in 6.5. Good news, hopefully other manufacturers follow suit.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
I must be the minority, but I’m not a fan of the new stocks. I guess I’m behind the times and prefer the lines of a more traditional looking stock.