Left handed

Asking for my brother. He's looking for a new rifle semi budget would like it to be left-handed and in stainless doesn't seem like there is very many options out there. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Tikka, Savage 16/116, Ruger Hawkeye FTW, Weatherby UL, Montana Rifle Company X2.

That is basically the options for him.

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka, Savage 16/116, Ruger Hawkeye FTW, Weatherby UL, Montana Rifle Company X2.

That is basically the options for him.

Forget the Montana Rifle Company, My X2 in 30-06 has been a dog from the very beginning. Accuraccy, fit, and finish isn't up to the kind of standard that I expected from a rifle this expensive. Tikka will be my replacement rifle after I get rid of the X2.

gbflyer

WKR
Budget would be the Ruger American. Amazingly inexpensive, ugly, plastic everywhere, and as accurate and reliable as something twice the money. In all honesty, in my opinion, the Tikka's I have handled cost more and are really not much classier. But again, deadly accurate and reliable.

Savage 10, 110, etc, shoot well but have become sort of pricey, they used to be a budget gun but now they are priced with Remington, etc. unless you catch a big year end sale at a chain store. Their Axis is the budget line, also available left handed and have a good following.

I tried to purchase a lefty Montana action a couple of weeks ago. My experience was not good. The company had pricing listed on the website but would not honor it, blaming the IT guy for not taking down the old pricing. I called about 2 weeks into the new year, there was no give at all. The guy was polite about it but basically ran me off, telling me that they "weren't selling Saturns". I went a different route with another custom action who offers incredible service.

In closing, the lefty market is getting better. For the largest range of choices, it's Savage hands down.

204guy

WKR
Browning also makes lefties in SS synthetic. Also Remington made some SS lefties. That said the Tikka is the easy choice here.

howl

WKR
Pretty much anything he wants. It just won't be on the shelf at a store. Handle the wronghanded version at the store. Order the correct one, shipped to alocal FFL holder. $25 is a lot to pay for a transfer unless you live somewhere you shouldn't, like Chicago.

It might be worth considering the SS guns usually have non-SS parts.

YUP, Love my T3 .270 WSM and I'm looking to BUY,..another one, in .243 win. (converted to 6mm SLR) OR,.. 6mm Creed if, they ever build it !

NDGuy

WKR
Forget the Montana Rifle Company, My X2 in 30-06 has been a dog from the very beginning. Accuraccy, fit, and finish isn't up to the kind of standard that I expected from a rifle this expensive. Tikka will be my replacement rifle after I get rid of the X2.

I have been hearing that more and more and am choosing to avoid their company because of it.

OP
D
Thanks. Will look into some of those options. He has a ruger American now. Not happy with it has several issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wgood

FNG
My buddy is left handed and absolutely loves his Tikka T3 in .300 Winchester. I am also a big fan of Tikka's, but he also has a Ruger Guide Gun in .375 Ruger and it is a slick shootin' rifle for sure.

davsco

WKR
remington custom shop under $2k (there is a lefty 270 and 7-08 on gunsamerica for $1400).

i have a lefty browning stainless stalker in 30-06, there's nothing special/sexy about it but it works. i had a lefty tikka t3 lite in 300 win mag. i'm not real recoil-sensitive (shoot 7stw and 340wby) but that gun kicked like a friggin mule as it was so light. wouldn't feel it in the field but at the bench it was just nasty. nice gun though.

Jon C

FNG
Recoil is a funny thing I have a browning lh a bolt 7mm rem mag that brings a tear to my eye shooting it because of recoil. I helped my buddy sight in his 300 win Tikka light and thought the recoil was a lot less. Funny how that works I think the tikka just fit me better.

Budget + Stainless+LH = Tikka This is probably the only option worth exploring. Remington offers some SPS stainless LH models but you don't get the bang for the buck that you do with a Tikka.

If he goes on gunbroker he will find the original T3 (not T3X) for a song I bet. Even a new T3X will be comparable to a stainless 700.