Good deal?

Bobbyboe

WKR
I just bought a used Weatherby Ultra lightweight in .257 weatherby for $875 shipped. Overall condition is good , with a clean boar and no visible throat erosion. So, is this a good deal? Hope so!

Anyways, do you guys have any suggestions on where to start for factory loads? I was hoping to get my hands on some eld-x ammo. Any other tips or tricks for shooting a lightweight weatherby?

Thanks.

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
I believe it’s a newer one. It has a tan stock with the dark barrel. Is there any other way to tell other than color?

I’m really hoping this thing shoots factory decently tight.

Edit: After looking at the serial number, it was manufactured between 2002 and 2004.

Last edited:

howl

WKR
Kinda already determined whether when you bought it. If you bought and are happy with it, then that's a good deal. I horrendously overpaid for the last two A-Bolts I bought. I was glad to do it. How many LH chrome lined 25 WSSMs that shoot bugholes are there out there? Or LH 270 WSMs with XXX walnut that go sub-MOA with factory ammo? Great deals to me!

Enjoy it!

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Howl, your correct that if you enjoy it, the. Who cares. That being said, 3rd party confirmation on a purchase is good!

Your rifles sound like keepers! I’m also a sucker for fine wood.

OP
Bobbyboe

Bobbyboe

WKR
Update: I finally have my used (new to me) Ultra lightweight in my possession. I was able to drop the price by another $75. The total damage was $800 all in.

I just need to mount the scope and head to the range!

ofl0926

WKR
Update: I finally have my used (new to me) Ultra lightweight in my possession. I was able to drop the price by another $75. The total damage was $800 all in.

I just need to mount the scope and head to the range!

Huge weatherby fan hear. You got a great deal. The 257 wby mag cartridge is on my next to own list. Lots is speed and power. Extremely flat shooting and hard hitting. You will be happy when you receive it. Oh and if you don’t like it, give me a buzz lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I believe it’s a newer one. It has a tan stock with the dark barrel. Is there any other way to tell other than color?

I’m really hoping this thing shoots factory decently tight.

Edit: After looking at the serial number, it was manufactured between 2002 and 2004.

You can tell if it’s a newer or older one by the shape of the grip on the b&c stock.