Left Handed Action for Custom Rifle

NDGuy

WKR
I am thinking of possibly dabbling in building a custom rifle. I seen Remington makes left handed actions but does anyone else make left handed actions? Or what other options would I have?

rayporter

WKR
custom actions can be had in many configurations -some you may not have heard of.

you can get left bolt right eject from most of them. some leftys shoot right bolt, right load left eject at the bench.
a standard left bolt left eject is available from all of them.

a kelbly would be right at a thousand $$$.

ST52v

WKR
Both ARC and Big horn have several option and price ranges to Choose from.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Leebob

FNG
I just finished a build using a left hand Bighorn SR3. Quite a bit more expensive than using a Remington donor but it is silky smooth and has a lot of very nice features. The Origin as mentioned above, slightly cheaper but still has most of the perks of its big brother. I wouldn’t hesitate to use another.

Defiance also makes a nice left hander for a custom build. They are also coming out with a lower priced version of their main action.

Capra74

FNG
I've done three with MRC 1999 actions - 6.5X55, .300 Win Mag and .416 Rem. They're nice actions, but have gone up in price.

If you can find a used Sako or M70 classic, they also make great donor actions.

I m Left Handed. The last two I had built where on LH 700 actions. One a 358 Win and the other was a 7 mm Rem Mag. It's been relatively easy to get 700 actions for my builds and parts are everywhere.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Thanks for the replies gents. Still debating and researching. I am likely going to wait to see if Bergara makes a lefty next year.

WRO

WKR
Rcm makes one, really nice action for the money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk