Timney trigger or? Rem 700

I bought 5 timneys last year, and I already am thinking about upgrading to trigger tech.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
C
I bought 5 timneys last year, and I already am thinking about upgrading to trigger tech.

Care to elaborate more? I see the tt's are only slightly more money so they may be a better option?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trigger tech is better that you can adjust it while it's still in the stock

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Adjustability and compatibility with tubb firing pins. Timney is not bad, but also not fantastic. I have 1 rifle basix and I prefer it to timney. I had a shilen, it had the most creep of any trigger I've ever touched.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've put Timney triggers in all of my M700s and Model Sevens. I've had zero issues with any of them. I love them.

Last edited:

LaHunter

WKR
I have a Timney in my M700 hunting rifle and I've been happy with it. It is set at 2.25 lbs and it breaks there cleanly and consistently. Can't compare to the others since I have no experience with them.

elkduds

WKR
I have Timneys in my Mark X Mauser and my Stevens 200. Polar opposite rifles, but the triggers feel just the same. Which is good.

OP
C
Went with the tt because of the ability to adjust while the action is in the stock.

Thanks for the help!!

We put a Timney in my wifes Weatherby, she likes it so thats what counted on that build. Myself I didn't really care for the feel in it. I have a couple Jewels that have been through hell and I still have had zero problems, love those triggers. A good friend just put an Extreme trigger in his newest build and its freaking sweet!!! Damn thing should be for the price!!

Outlaw99

WKR
I love the Jewel in my Cooper. Cooper must have some in the field confidence in them to put them in their hunting rifles. I will say however, I’ve yet to put mine through hell and back lol.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have always read that Jewel triggers are great, but the slightest amount of dust, dirt, grit, etc will degrade their performance, so maybe not the best for hunting rifles exposed to the elements.
They are also rumored to freeze up pretty easy. Maybe it has been redesigned?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk