Primer tool

I've never done a lot of hand loading, but when I do I always used a Lee hand primer.
Well it just seems like I'm having a harder time getting primer seated so I'm looking to upgrade.
The press mounted one has some how been lost along the line so what do you guys recommend?

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I prime on the press.

If you have a Lee press, you can get replacement parts. Some of the parts are free of charge and you only pay shipping. I just got a bunch of parts for a Lee Pro1000 to convert it from 45acp to 9mm.

Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a 21st Century priming tool! I use the one that accepts the Lee tray so that I do t have to feed primers manually. It’s the shiz-nit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
personally I use a 21sr century- but I don't think most folks need one. I have worn out several lee tools. and now buy every one I see at a reasonable price- just for parts.

I do think a hand prime tool will be better than a bench mount. a bench mount or a press mount has not got a 'feel ' to seating like a hand tool.

Mosby

WKR
I have both hand and bench mounted priming tools. If I am priming a large number of cases I will use a bench mounted but the majority of the time I use a hand primer. The Lee priming tool I have is not to be used with certain brands of primers per Lee. I bought an RCBS universal that I use the majority of the time because I don't have to switch out shell holders. I really like it. I also have a benchrest priming tool with a pressure gauge that requires loading one primer at a time. I haven't noticed a difference in groups with any of them.

Muttly

WKR
Ran the Lee for quite a while, always made me a little crazy tryna get a consistent seating depth. Used the seater on the Redding turret press a fair bit. Looked pretty hard at the Holland mod for the RCBS bench mount seater.
Picked up a 21st century priming tool with the Lee tray, like that one a LOT. Pretty easy to set the primer depth where you want it, and consistent.

dog

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the K&M tool for many years. It's a one at a time primer but is pretty fast because it has a cup that pops up making it easy to get a primer in it. If you are not doing large quantities it is a great tool, very sensitive, consistent and will last almost forever. (I've never heard of anyone wearing one out, and I've used the one I have for about 20 years)