CZ Model 455 .22 LR review

I just purchased this CZ .22 LR which had a nice walnut stock with checkering and no sights. I put a 2-7 Leupold Rimfire scope on it with Warne mounts. I've been looking for a nice .22 bolt rifle with a wood stock something along the lines of this rifle or the Ruger 77 .22 LR. Unfortunately Ruger no longer makes that model I found out.

It was 27 degrees and breezy today with snow on the ground when I went out to shoot. I shot some CCI, Federal, and some Spitfire .22 LR which I think are also Federal loadings but with different bullets. At 50 yards I got 1/2" to about 3/4" five shot groups shooting with a bipod on the front and a small bag at the rear. I was also shooting with gloves on because it was cold with the breeze. I'm really pleased with the results of the shooting and I sure cannot blame the rifle if I miss something with it. Each of the different loads I tried hit almost exactly the same point of impact as the others. Dang good I would say!

David

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have one of these and a 77/22. It’s a great gun. I’d say the 455 is more accurate than my 77/22 but not in terms that would affect the small game hunting I do with either.

They are beautiful rifles for the relatively low cost but I do prefer the 77/22 (same as a 10/22) magazine over the single stack cz mags.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Also, both of my 22s have the key oils vx1 rimfire 2-7x28 which are in my opinion the best things going in rimfire scopes.

boom

WKR
i had that rifle and my Savage FV-SR in hand..that CZ is damn sweet.

i have an old hankering to find a CZ 452 American one day, so i opted for the less expensive Savage now. there is no way, i could own both CZ rifles with the honey badger i love and married - watching me. :)

i honestly just want to hunt small game. i am trying with all my powers to NOT get caught up in the .22LR thing beyond having one good rifle to hunt with. but, i am a wavering fool. the money i did not yet spend will get me to Alaska to shoot that damn sooty grouse..next may.

nrh6.7

WKR
I almost bought a 452 American yesterday. Thankfully the shop didn't answer their phones. Being a lefty and wanting a bolt action rifle is not easy. Try finding a 452 LUX left handed rifle now a days...

Rs3003

WKR
I have a ruger 77/22 .22 hornet and a CZ .22 hornet also. The CZ is a little better shooter. Not enough to get ride of the ruger. I'd like to get a 17hmr in CZ. CZ is a good manufacturer.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a ruger 77/22 .22 hornet and a CZ .22 hornet also. The CZ is a little better shooter. Not enough to get ride of the ruger. I'd like to get a 17hmr in CZ. CZ is a good manufacturer.

I want that 455 convertible that comes with barrels for 22lr and 17hmr.

boom

WKR
I almost bought a 452 American yesterday. Thankfully the shop didn't answer their phones. Being a lefty and wanting a bolt action rifle is not easy. Try finding a 452 LUX left handed rifle now a days...

Don’t tell me where it is :)

nrh6.7

WKR
Don’t tell me where it is :)

Haha, you can find the American pretty easily but the LUX will have me hitting the gun show ciruit again. I went 15 pages deep searching Google and found only two rifles, both in Canada. Transfer costs are stupid expensive.

V65Magna

FNG
I have the 455 with the interchangeable barrel and right now, I've got the .17 HMR barrel on it. The build quality on these things is quite good and mine is very accurate. I'm going to put a "Yo Dave" trigger upgrade on mine when I get around to it.

I also have a CZ 452 "Scout" for my kids and the thing damn near out shoots my Cooper Jackson Squirrel rifle with Federal "Valuepack" ammo @ 50 yds.!

OP
6mm Remington
I shot on the Shoot & See targets a couple days ago and did not do quite as good as I thought I did. I went back out today and the conditions were better. The little CZ still shot very well. I used a lot better target this time around going with the Mountain Plains Industries with the 1" blue diamonds and 1/4" square lines on the targets. This is how it shook out with the .22 LR ammunition that I had. Three groups with each - five shots - all at 50 yards.

CCI hollow point ammo: 9/16" 11/16" 1 1/16"
American Eagle hollow pt: 7/16" 13/16" 1 1/16"
Federal Stinger hollow pt: 1 5/16" 1 3/8" 1 9/16"

I'm still going to have to keep it! Point of Impact for all three was very close with the CCI & the Federal American Eagle almost exactly the same.