Trigger Tech Question - Model 700 Bolt Release Question

Yesterday I installed a Trigger Tech Primary into a Model 700 based rifle I'm putting together for mountain hunting. My previous two model 700 trigger installs have been a Timney and a Jewell, neither of which have a bolt release.

I'm basing my switch from Jewell on Rokslide reviews. I've never personally had any issues with a Jewell and absolutely love it on my heavy .260. But I figured I'd try a Trigger Tech for my mountain rifle (30-06).

The bolt release seems like a joke, rattling like crazy. Is this common, or is it an install error? The bolt release works properly so I think I installed it correctly. But this rattle can't be as designed?

I'm thinking about replacing it with a Trigger Tech Special w/out bolt release. Or going back to Jewell. But if the bolt release can be tightened, maybe I can keep this trigger.

Thoughts?

FURMAN

WKR
It is no problem. If it bothers you that much you can just remove it. If you do change tiggers I suggest looking at the BixnAndy TacSport.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My TT bolt release doesn't make any noise. I would think you could tighten the screw a touch shouldn't take much. Did you contact triggertech for thier opinion?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
dreamingWest
I have not contacted Trigger Tech. I was hesitant to tighten the screw (the one that appears it would put some tension on the bolt release) before talking to them. Knowing a lot of roksliders use this trigger, I figured this was an install issue on my part and that there is a quick fix. The fact that yours doesn't make any noise suggests that something is not quite right with my install, or it's a simply matter of tightening the screw a bit.

All the bolt release designs for the model 700 look basically the same, so this is probably a non-issue. I should have been a more clear in my OP, the actual trigger feels great.

Taonbacon

FNG
What action is the TT installed on? If it's a clone with a side bolt release you can remove the bolt release off the trigger no problem, just be careful taking off the e-clip. If it's on a factory rem action it shouldn't rattle at all, it should be under tension from the bolt stop/bolt stop spring both at rest and depressed.

OP
dreamingWest
Taonbacon – this install is for a factory Remington Model 700 long-action

***SOLVED***

The metal tab that is supposed to be bent with pliers until it is resting snuggly in the v-notch of the bolt release was my problem.

When I rather hastily installed the Trigger Tech a couple of days ago, I rushed this step to where the bolt release was working, but it was not snug enough in the v-notch.

I just spent about 10 minutes with the rifle this afternoon and was much more careful bending the metal tab. Now the bolt release has absolutely no slop and works great. The trigger feels great too. Thanks for the replies; once I read them I was sure it was install error.

***THANKS***