Kampfeld Customs

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at having a bunch of work done to a rifle by this gunsmith. Anyone ever use them? If so what type of work did you have done and what are your thoughts on quality and turnaround time?

Thanks.

Jon Boy

WKR
Ive never used him but have emailed back and forth with him a handful of times. Hes always prompt and has good lead times. Last I talked to him he said he was about 2 weeks out on a barrel flute job. Reasonably priced as well. If you do much research you will find that he has a very, very good reputation.

bates

WKR
I had Karl true an action years ago. Several bolts and barrel fluted as well

He did great work.

daddie63

WKR
I've had a bolt fluted and cerakoted by him as well. Very nice work and reasonably priced. Good guy too. I will definitely use him again when I can.

Karl did some work on this build for me. Trued and lightened action, flute and skeletonized bolt, chambered and installed barrel, and timed the brake. He also opened up the Hawkins rings to accept 8-40 screws and cerakoted everything. Couldn’t be happier.

8811498d6c991b6da3fc7dc981a052b7.jpg

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Karl did a bunch of work for me on a Kimber Montana and was really easy to work with. The quality of his work was fantastic. I’d use him in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluted a bolt for me and it was a good experience. I'm going to use him again soon for another.

coop2424

WKR
Great guy and does great work. I have taken a couple barrels and bolts up to him at his shop. He turned them around very fast. I also shoot his brake on one of my rifles and really like it.

OP
B

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Just want to say I stopped by his shop and dropped my rifle off with him, very polite and was very knowledgeable. Everything I saw in his shop looked top notch!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
He is an even better rifle builder..... if you can talk him into it now.

I really wish I lived closer so I could bribe him. Mad skills

Prolly makes way more money fluting than gunsmithing. But I imagine he could make a hell of a rifle.

OP
B

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
He mentioned he had a couple steady gigs doing fluting. I ended up getting a side port muzzle break, a bedding job, cerakote and spiral fluting on the barrel. Should turn out to be a pretty sweet rifle. Way quicker turn around time than I was expecting also.

bozeman

WKR
Excellent work....put together a 6.5x284 for my elk hunt last year. Amazing craftsmanship!