Fierce CT Edge Rifle Review, by Ryan Furman

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
11-oZoMVb8.jpg

I see questions about Fierce Firearms rifles come up all the time and have gotten countless emails, IM's and texts asking about them. I haven't used one yet myself so I always have to send people to the Google machine for answers. Thankfully Ryan Furman took the time to write a full review as he went through the setup, sight-in, and then a hunting season using his new Fierce CT Edge rifle with Nightforce scope.

Check it out here: Fierce CT Edge Rifle Review

Last edited:

FURMAN

WKR
What camo color is the rifle and was it "special order"? I liked your review.

It’s KUIU Verde 2.0. It’s an option on all Fierce rifles. I believe it’s $150 which is pretty standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good and detailed review. I bought mine about the same time I believe, and had the same issues with quoted lead times. But the rifle was worth the wait. Fierce does a great job. I even drove to their shop in Utah and met with the guys there. John was out at the SHOT show, so I was able to sneak in and mount my scope on a different rifle using their lapping tools and such.
LOL
Don't tell John.

Good rifle- good people

AK_hunter

FNG
Good article.

The article says you can use any Remington 700 bases. It my understanding that they are not compatible, and you must use the Tally or Murphy Precision bases.

I just picked up a CT Edge in .300 Win. Just got the scope mounted. Can’t wait to see how it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
Any Remington base with 8-40 screws will fit. Factory Remington 700s are drilled for 6-48. If you wish to use something other than what Fierce sells you must understand what you need and what you are getting.

I was looking at the Havak and Fury LR in 300 WM and went with the Havak. I just saw that some of the first long action Havaks in the wild are weighing in at nearly 8 lbs which has me thinking about canceling my order.

The fury LR is listed at 7.2 lbs and if it is accurate I'd cancel my Havak order and go that direction but you've got me worried since yours didn't make it's listed weight. Their website shows 6.1 lbs for CT Edge with the brake as an option so I could see an extra couple ounces there but it seems you're over more than that. Other nock on the Fury LR is 1/2x28 muzzle threads. That's awful thin for a 300 WM.

Decisions Decisions.

I wish Christensen put the ridgeline in burlier stock with a more vertical grip and then my choice would be easy.. Edit: This is a Cabelas bucks purchase and just saw that the 300 WM ridgelines are listed as 13-14 weeks out on the website, wow.

Last edited:

FURMAN

WKR
I was looking at the Havak and Fury LR in 300 WM and went with the Havak. I just saw that some of the first long action Havaks in the wild are weighing in at nearly 8 lbs which has me thinking about canceling my order.

The fury LR is listed at 7.2 lbs and if it is accurate I'd cancel my Havak order and go that direction but you've got me worried since yours didn't make it's listed weight. Their website shows 6.1 lbs for CT Edge with the brake as an option so I could see an extra couple ounces there but it seems you're over more than that. Other nock on the Fury LR is 1/2x28 muzzle threads. That's awful thin for a 300 WM.

Decisions Decisions.

I wish Christensen put the ridgeline in burlier stock with a more vertical grip and then my choice would be easy.. Edit: This is a Cabelas bucks purchase and just saw that the 300 WM ridgelines are listed as 13-14 weeks out on the website, wow.

I hate the Havak action so much that I don't even want to give the rifle a try. It has the worst cock on close I have felt(worse the the worst factory 700 I have felt). I would think the Fierce LR Fury would be within a few ounces of 7.2lbs. In any case I can not imagine it being more than 8lbs of the Havak if that is what it really weighs. You could buy a Ridgeline and bed it into a AG Composites stock and have what I think you are after. That is what I would do if weight is a concern if not I would go with the LR Fury.

Thanks for your input. The cocking on the havak is a turn off for sure.

I'm not sure I'm willing to wait 14 weeks for a ridgeline but that thought crossed my mind. Even the Christensen Monte Carlo stock looks like a nice upgrade for $450. I sent fierce an email about their weights, the site lists one weight and they make it in a 6.5 creedmoor with 24" barrel that has to weigh 6 ounces less than a WM with 26" barrel.

Edit: John Mogle of Fierce said the WM come in at 7.2 and the Creedmoor come in at 7lb even.

Last edited:

OLI62

FNG
I hate the Havak action so much that I don't even want to give the rifle a try. It has the worst cock on close I have felt(worse the the worst factory 700 I have felt). I would think the Fierce LR Fury would be within a few ounces of 7.2lbs. In any case I can not imagine it being more than 8lbs of the Havak if that is what it really weighs. You could buy a Ridgeline and bed it into a AG Composites stock and have what I think you are after. That is what I would do if weight is a concern if not I would go with the LR Fury.

Does AG make a stock specifically for the Ridgeline, or does the Ridgeline just drop into any stock with a Rem. 700 footprint?

FURMAN

WKR
Does AG make a stock specifically for the Ridgeline, or does the Ridgeline just drop into any stock with a Rem. 700 footprint?

The two I had required grinding out a small area for the side bolt release. It was no problem and only took a few minutes. I did it as I was bedding the rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OLI62

FNG
Thanks for the feedback! I've been looking at the AG's on Stocky's site for my Christensen and was wondering if they would work.

I_am_Waz

FNG
I am considering the CTEdge for my wife and weight is an issue. The base weights on Fierce's home page are for the short actions and we are looking @ 6.5 PRC for her. We are planning to utilize a Zeis Conq V6 @ 24oz on her rig and wondered if you would mind sharing the total weight of your CTEdge with the NF Scope?
Also wondered if you might be willing to share how you like the Fierce Ti action vs others - specifically the Defiance anTI.
Thanks!

FURMAN

WKR
I am considering the CTEdge for my wife and weight is an issue. The base weights on Fierce's home page are for the short actions and we are looking @ 6.5 PRC for her. We are planning to utilize a Zeis Conq V6 @ 24oz on her rig and wondered if you would mind sharing the total weight of your CTEdge with the NF Scope?
Also wondered if you might be willing to share how you like the Fierce Ti action vs others - specifically the Defiance anTI.
Thanks!
The weight of my CT Edge with NXS was 8.75 lbs with a Murphy Precision rail. If I singled out the action the Fierce Ti Edge/Edge is one of my favorite actions. In order for me to say which I would suggest for you. The Edge trigger options are almost non existent. The factory trigger only adjust to around 2lbs. The Sako 85 Bix n Andy is awesome and fits the Edge but is ~$500. The McMillan Hunter stock is a decent stock and if very good in many conditions but not the best at any. The Fierce Long Range stock has too low of a cheek piece for my preference. You might want to look at the Rival as well.

I will have a review out on LRO in the next few months for the AnTi. Initial impressions are it is what you would expect from Defiance. I wish the bolt handle were longer and I am not sure I will be able to get past how short it is.

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
The weight of my CT Edge with NXS was 8.75 lbs with a Murphy Precision rail. If I singled out the action the Fierce Ti Edge/Edge is one of my favorite actions. In order for me to say which I would suggest for you. The Edge trigger options are almost non existent. The factory trigger only adjust to around 2lbs. The Sako 85 Bix n Andy is awesome and fits the Edge but is ~$500. The McMillan Hunter stock is a decent stock and if very good in many conditions but not the best at any. The Fierce Long Range stock has too low of a cheek piece for my preference. You might want to look at the Rival as well.

I will have a review out on LRO in the next few months for the AnTi. Initial impressions are it is what you would expect from Defiance. I wish the bolt handle were longer and I am not sure I will be able to get past how short it is.
I’ve seen both of your reviews on the rival and edge. I appreciate you taking the time to be so thorough. Between the ct edge and ct rival, do you still own both? Do you find yourself preferring one over the other on hunts? Thanks again for the reviews.