6.5 creedmor light weight options

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at buying a 6.5 Creedmor. want opinions on what of these brands and models are the most accurate with factory ammo
Savage 110 Lightweight Storm
Tikka T3 Superlight
Browning Hells Canyon Speed

I've got a T3X Lite (not superlite) in 6.5 creedmoor and have been really happy with it. Shoots well and is pretty nice to carry.. I think mine is 8.5 or 9lbs with SWFA 3-9, Warne Mountain tech rings, Mountain Tactical rail, claw sling and a ~16oz Harris bipod. It's shot decent groups with everything I've put through it but probably does the best (sub MOA for 3-5 shots) with 143 ELD-X, HSM Berger VLD 140s, and the American Eagle 140 OTM.

vthokee

WKR
I just bought a Ruger American predator chambered in 6.5. Topped with a Leupold VX3. Rifle gets great reviews, barrel is threaded and still plenty of money for quality optics.

2five7

WKR
I have a HC speed in 6.5, sweet little rifle. Accurate, carries nice, factory brake and cerakote. Would buy again!

FURMAN

WKR
My Tikka Superlight shoots right around .5moa with 120, 140, and 147 factory ELDMs after bedding. It is slightly better with hand loads.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well since you didn’t ask....

I’d get an Adirondack in 6.5, that would be a sweet rifle.

My tikka lite shoots just a little bit better than my buddies kimber for about 1/3 the $$$ :D. I have had good luck with tikkas. They feel a little cheap in the hand but they are light on the shoulder and wallet and make tiny holes in paper.

OP
Wolf-killer

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Well since you didn’t ask....

I’d get an Adirondack in 6.5, that would be a sweet rifle.

I checked them out, for the price I think there action is sloppy compared to some of the cheaper guns. For that kind of $ i think it should be better than that

What kind of groups are you getting?Factory Ammo?

I have a savage 16 LWH and these are what I get - first is factory - second is handload:

Edit to add closer up so you can see load data for factory

RrWBm5jh.jpg

DUmh37mh.png

OP
Wolf-killer

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
I have a savage 16 LWH and these are what I get - first is factory - second is handload:

Edit to add closer up so you can see load data for factory

RrWBm5jh.jpg

DUmh37mh.png
Thanks
thats a good shooting gun, Im thinking I may get one of those, for the $ you really can't go wrong

Any of those rifles mentioned have a reputation for good accuracy. Differences will come down to the individual rifle you buy.

V65Magna

FNG
Can't argue with the Savage (have 3 of them) but right now I got my eye on a Sako 85 Finnlight in 6.5 Creedmore as soon as I move a safe queen out the door.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
Since you brought up the Savage, does anyone know what the difference is between the stainless Lightweight Hunter and the Lightweight Storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you brought up the Savage, does anyone know what the difference is between the stainless Lightweight Hunter and the Lightweight Storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Storm has a different (better) stock and magazine system. The LWH is built to be light weight and does not have an accustock and the magazine system is the same as the axis series. Storm has the new accustock with lop and comb adjustment and the weather warrior style of magazine/bottom metal. Storm will be heavier. Actions and barrels are same I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk