Gunbroker

wyodan

WKR
Has anyone used Gunbroker? Most of the items I am looking at is requiring a money order or cashiers check, and I have always bought things online using my credit card as I have some sort of way to contest if I don't get my order. Thanks for any advice.

handwerk

WKR
I've bought and sold on GB dozens of times, never a problem, just cover your bases ( paperwork, good communication) and you should be fine. I always look at the reviews of a buyer/sellers transactions.

Yes, works great. Usually the gunnies shun PayPal because it was reported to be anti-gun at some point with ebay tie I guess. That is why most want CC or MO.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve bought 7 guns on gunbroker and never had a single problem. That being said, I always buy from sellers with good reviews.

OP
wyodan

wyodan

WKR
I've bought and sold on GB dozens of times, never a problem, just cover your bases ( paperwork, good communication) and you should be fine. I always look at the reviews of a buyer/sellers transactions.

It's been some time since I purchased a gun. What kind of paperwork do I need? I have an FFL person to have it shipped to.

handwerk

WKR
Other than the FFL you should be set, I also make copies of the MO/check, send it priority mail with signature required, then ask for tracking info, then you should be pretty well covered.

OP
wyodan

wyodan

WKR
Other than the FFL you should be set, I also make copies of the MO/check, send it priority mail with signature required, then ask for tracking info, then you should be pretty well covered.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice!

howl

WKR
I only take USPS money orders or personal checks as payment when I sell on gunbroker. If check, it has to clear before I ship.

When I buy, I make sure to ask plenty of questions and call everyone involved and talk on the phone. I make sure of all the details. This is especially important because some FFL holders are just plain weird. They'll make up regulations that don't exist to get you jump through hoops. I have run across that several times. If anything at all seems out the way, I pass.

The only problem I had was when the receiving FFL-holder claimed to have thrown out the packaging without looking in the bottom of the box. A collectible S&W box and accessories was either not shipped or stolen or thrown away. Never did find out for sure. Got the gun, though.

Your ffl will hav Eto email or fax a copy of their license to the sellers ffl. If the seller isn’t using an ffl, be wary and make sure your ffl is ok with that. I have bought 4-5 guns there ove rthe years. I had one rifle that was a bit more worn than the description might have indicated. Apart from that, the only real issue I have ever had was with a tu d ffl on my end that forced me to pay an extra $50 above the fee we agreed. If you don’t know and trust your ffl then get a written confirmation of their fees beforehand. I have dealt we the same guy for a long time and he only charges me the cost of the background check.