What .22 Pistol for a Suppressor

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Getting a 22 Takedown out of jail soon. What .22 pistol would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

colersu22

WKR
My buddy carries a ruger sr22 with a suppressor for grouse and it works great. Every time I have shot it it makes me want to but the same setup.

The SR22 is a good choice IF a guy never wants to mount a reddot, and depending on suppressor diameter. Some are too thick to use the factory open sights.....

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I have a S&W M&P Compact 22 and currently on the waiting list for a can. I had a Beretta and a Ruger before and ended up getting rid of them in favor of the S&W. Love that pistol and how it shoots. Can't wait to get the can on it. Already have a set taller sights if needed.

Whisky

WKR
I would go with a 1911-22 of some flavor, hands down!! I've had two Ruger SR-22's and there is no comparison to the 1911-22 in reliability, accuracy and fun factor. I stumbled into a new S&W which I don't think they make anymore, at least in the states. But GSG pistols are made in the same factory and some models are identical to the S&W.

American Tactical Imports

Another pistol I would like to get some day is the Ruger Mark 4 22/45 Lite. This pistol with a red dot and can would be the cat's ass.

Ruger® Mark IV™ 22/45™ Lite Rimfire Pistol Models

Suppressed rimfire pistols are about as fun as it gets. Never thought I'd shoot mine as much as I do. It goes everywhere with me.

NDGuy

WKR
Not a pistol, but I have been loving my 10/22 Takedown w/the Magpul Backpacker stock. Would be fun as hell shooting that with a can on it.

Oldffemt

WKR
Any barrel under 4” should keep cheap bulk ammo subsonic. Makes a huge difference. I have a 22/45 lite with can and love it. New shooters and kids really enjoy it. I even got a anti gun guy to shoot it last weekend and he was asking me to keep loading mags for him!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Roughly one pound empty and 26 oz fully loaded with 30 rounds...plus your suppressor. :)

ZbILSAT.jpg

I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite and am waiting for BATFE approval for a TBA Takedown. I mounted a Vortex Venom RDS on the 22/45. It's been much fun to shoot and a great pistol for new shooters too. The Mark IV has a new disassembly system that is super quick and easy. Best, ELN.