CA Mesa, Sako A7 roughtech, Nosler 48 Liberty

Hey all,
I am looking for a new 7mm rem mag and I'm torn between these 3 rifles, CA Mesa, Sako A7 roughtech, Nosler 48 Liberty. Can I get some feedback from anyone who has experience with these? Anything that tips the scale in one direction or another would be helpful. Due to the features I'm currently leaning toward the Mesa but that changes every 20 mins or so.

The info on the Tikka/Mesa thread below was helpful and for the most part I would assume to hold true with the Sako vs. Mesa.

Thanks!

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
All excellent. I've owned a CA Ridgeline and handled various Mesa's. Only ever handled the Sako, and currently own an M48 Liberty in 300 wsm.

I'd put the Sako at the bottom of the list. Not because it's not a quality firearm but simply because I'd prefer either of the other two personally.

Frankly it's a toss up between the CA and the Nosler. All else being equal go with the CA because it's cheaper by $600.00. I got mine during their black Friday sale so price was a wash, and I'm from Oregon - wanted an Oregon gun. Definitely try to handle each as the stocks are worlds apart in terms of feel and frankly I have a love/hate relationship with the Nosler stock. The CA stock is lighter & trimmer but I punched a hole in mine in AK last fall when I slipped crossing a creek, totally mundane slip on some rocks and I completely lost my desire to have a skinny lightweight stick after that. The Nosler stock is Bell & Carlson and has a bit less contouring than I'd like at the pistol grip but appears super robust and ready for mountain hunting and associated rigors. Action, trigger & accuracy I'd have to give the nod to Nosler (compared to my Ridgeline).

I view the Nosler as a super tough, no BS, no frills - but everything is well considered and appointed hunting rifle. The CA is similar but trimmed down to be barely lighter. Also, you'll have to deal with a thread protector on the CA because hunting with a brake is not worth it and the barrel is the featherweight magnum contour so it's not something you'll go out and shoot all day.

But it's hard to beat the CA for so much less than the Nosler. That's a lot of tags, raffle tickets, ammo, glass, gas etc.

hodgeman

WKR
I've had a Nosler 48 in .300WSM for going on 13 years....easily my favorite rifle and it's given me excellent service. It's a very well executed hunting rifle that's stood up to a lot of hard use.

FURMAN

WKR
Will you reload? The Sako and the M48 have short magazine boxes and will limit the performance of the 7mm Rem mag with 168-180gr bullets. For that reason I would only consider the Christensen a viable option for the long action magnum cartridges.

FURMAN

WKR
I would agree with the fury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
WildGooseChase
Thanks for the info! I had not planned on reloading for the new rifle but time will tell. The Fury looks like a slick setup.