Rem 700 stock question

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m trying to build a Remington 700 in 300 RUM into a better shooting “light” long range rifle. It has the stock from the factory on it right now but I’m looking to get something else. This is my first build and looking to get a light weight stock to continue my build. Trigger next, then some gunsmith work, etc. etc. What is your recommendations? This rifle will be used for Elk in the high country so I’d like to keep it as light as possible. Thanks in advance from Nashville....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
depending on how nice or not your trigger is, consider that first. just dropped a timney into my 700 and wow what a difference.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will agree trigger will most likely make the biggest improvement on shootability it did for me anyway. I really love the trigger tech trigger

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
Check out wildcat customs. They make a great stock and it’ll meet your budget.

e20c61d6e40273144c5b032038fb43bf.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I would like to stick around $500 if I could

You can get most mcmillans for about 560.00 with a custom inlet for your rifle. If you can stretch the budget by 60 bucks you won’t be disappointed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
depending on how nice or not your trigger is, consider that first. just dropped a timney into my 700 and wow what a difference.

Yup, a new trigger is an excellent and cheap way to make your gun better, I dropped a timney into my Winchester 70 extreme weather and it was a night and day difference compared to the factory MOA trigger (which some people claim to like).

It was like getting a whole new gun, now once I slap it into my McMillan it should be perfect, not that the B&C stock was bad.

I’m trying to build a Remington 700 in 300 RUM into a better shooting “light” long range rifle. It has the stock from the factory on it right now but I’m looking to get something else. This is my first build and looking to get a light weight stock to continue my build. Trigger next, then some gunsmith work, etc. etc. What is your recommendations? This rifle will be used for Elk in the high country so I’d like to keep it as light as possible. Thanks in advance from Nashville....

In that caliber I would not want it to be light! I have one...same rifle and it beats the crap out of me !!! I have not shot it since I put a Muscle brake on it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk