Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I needed a different stock for mine due to barrel profile (would have had to cut off a ton from the factory stock), they are nice an stiff though and depending on which you pick change the ergomics of the grip, cheek weld, etc. They "drop in" if using stock bottom metal but any new stock might require minor fitment and also benefit from bedding. What specific "upgrade" kit are you referencing. I've seen various. Some change the lug out (the T3x are already steel), some change the shroud out (the T3x are metal now if I recall right but I never cared about the plastic one on my stock T3), some change the butt pad which is a comfort issue, etc. Most improvements and whether they are worth it are personal preference. My personal preference is a premium barrel with a well cut chamber is likely going to shoot tighter that an factory barrel which may or maynot be useful for a given person, also it allows one to use non-factory calibers if desired. Think about what you want in a finished rifle and work backwards.

The other benefit of changes are barrel twist and mag length. Those are the biggest 2 issues I have seen in Tikkas. 1:11 for 30 cal and 9.5 for 7mm. IF you REALLY want to push the limits, those are an issue. I'm also close to sea level, so I don't have the advantage of 4000 - 8000 elevation.

The mag length is short and will not let you reach the lands with most factory set ups. But again, with the slower twist barrels, the long bullets can struggle. The 6.5CM finally addressed this issue with the longer magazines. Mountain tactical also offers a DBM that fits factory inlet and allows LA cartridges to use AI mags for a 3.6 OAL.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Note the mountain tactical AI mag bottom metal does require a bit of action/trigger milling to get that 3.6"

Yes I overlooked the twist part in my statement, my 300WSM is a long action bolt stop 9.5 twist barrel and the mountain tactical billet aluminum long action mags fit the WSM body (factory tikka long action mags require some rework to fit WSM) so I have more than enough mag length for the medium action cartridge.

Tikka superlite. 7mm Remington. B&C medalist stock, fluted bolt, carbon bolt knob, mtn tactical bottom metal, Harrell brake. 9.25 lbs fully dressed with bipod. 168 berger classics at 2950 in one ragged hole. Currently going through a make over that will be done some time late fall
bfa85b0aa5e9dde9cd1cc6cbbf82e37e.jpg

Sorry to divert this thread but, I need to ask Jon Boy, a quick question. How well, do you like, your Bell & Carlson stock and does it have the 1/2 Aluminum or FULL alum, bed Block? I'm thinking about buying one, for my Rem 700, short action that, I will make into, a Custom 6XC for LR varmint/target shooting. Your Rifle, looks like it's getting the Job,.. DONE !
B & C's are, $100 cheaper than, Brown Precision stocks and they "look" the same, to me.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

micus

Lil-Rokslider
My latest....

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: 26” Proof Sendero Lite 1:10
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Scope: Tangent Theta 5-25 with Spuhr one piece mount

316f0e4c-78eb-4531-96b2-0d52afdddb3b.jpeg

Good lawd you have some good ta$te in components my friend, especially that glass!

R H Clark

FNG
Tikka superlite. 7mm Remington. B&C medalist stock, fluted bolt, carbon bolt knob, mtn tactical bottom metal, Harrell brake. 9.25 lbs fully dressed with bipod. 168 berger classics at 2950 in one ragged hole. Currently going through a make over that will be done some time late fall
bfa85b0aa5e9dde9cd1cc6cbbf82e37e.jpg

Sorry to divert this thread but, I need to ask Jon Boy, a quick question. How well, do you like, your Bell & Carlson stock and does it have the 1/2 Aluminum or FULL alum, bed Block? I'm thinking about buying one, for my Rem 700, short action that, I will make into, a Custom 6XC for LR varmint/target shooting. Your Rifle, looks like it's getting the Job,.. DONE !
B & C's are, $100 cheaper than, Brown Precision stocks and they "look" the same, to me.
Thanks in advance!

I appreciate the question because I would like to know too. I would also like to ask if the stock gave any improvement in accuracy.

Jon Boy

WKR
I appreciate the question because I would like to know too. I would also like to ask if the stock gave any improvement in accuracy.
I bought the rifle used and it came with the stock so I cant elaborate on accuracy before hand. Its a decent stock I believe it weighs 34 or 35 oz which is 6-7 oz heavier than factory. The fore end is stiffer than factory but I still took a dremel to it to create some more space. It does give the rifle a nice feel and look, and I seem to settle into it better than my factory tikka. If you're looking for a better feeling and looking rifle id say its worth the 250 bucks. If you're truly looking for performance better be prepared to spend 500+

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Good timing, I was just searching this topic the other day. I keep toying with either a KRG Bravo, a Manners or McMillan stock. It just shoots so good as is I’m afraid to mess with it.

10 shots from my T3X Lite in 6.5CM. 1 hit and 9 tight misses ;).
LqMw1sw.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My latest....

How did you order this color combo?
Did you just do a design your own camo and then in the comments describe light gray over the elite tac? Im really digging the patter/ amount of color on yours vs the usual 6 splashes of color on manners stuff. I think that is exactly the pattern i am looking for.

Ah, and now i continue trying to decide on eh1a vs ehta!

4ester

WKR
Here is mine a buddy helped put together.

Action: Tikka T3x (LA bolt stops) w/ LRI fluted bolt

Barrel: X-Caliber 17.5” 1-8 twist fluted #2 5R Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor

Stock: Factory T3x

Scope: Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44

Gun shoots right around 1/2 MOA, and loving it so far. Have shot it to 1000 yards a few times and am very pleased. Gun was built to be a 600 yard deer, sheep, antelope gun. Currently shooting 130 VLDs, Varget, and Peterson Brass right at 2800 FPS.

1c651d3e75b7b3c7290d93ca073f0d3b.jpg

b99548e79df9f8c4f57b0f3dd7e5c0ec.jpg

270quest

WKR
Tikka T3X CTR 24" 6.5 creed
McMillan Game Hunter Carbon Fiber Ambush (Glass bedded)
Warne Mountain Tech Rings
Weaver Tac 3-15x50 EDMR scope

Kinda heavy at around 10.5 pounds, but is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Will put 143's into little clusters any time anywhere.

dWzU1KB.jpg

s3t12dM.jpg

hohXCfJ.jpg

R H Clark

FNG
Tikka T3X CTR 24" 6.5 creed
McMillan Game Hunter Carbon Fiber Ambush (Glass bedded)
Warne Mountain Tech Rings
Weaver Tac 3-15x50 EDMR scope

Kinda heavy at around 10.5 pounds, but is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Will put 143's into little clusters any time anywhere.

dWzU1KB.jpg

s3t12dM.jpg

hohXCfJ.jpg

Really nice rifle. Did you use the CTR bottom metal? Did everything fit in the stock without modification? Did you have to bed it?

RedSnake

FNG
My latest....

How did you order this color combo?
Did you just do a design your own camo and then in the comments describe light gray over the elite tac? Im really digging the patter/ amount of color on yours vs the usual 6 splashes of color on manners stuff. I think that is exactly the pattern i am looking for.

Ah, and now i continue trying to decide on eh1a vs ehta!

That’s a 2 color custom paint job using a stencil I made and air cure cerakote in tungsten and 80/20 tungsten/fde

I ordered the stock as plain Elite carbon. No paint by manners

That’s a 2 color custom paint job using a stencil I made and air cure cerakote in tungsten and 80/20 tungsten/fde

I ordered the stock as plain Elite carbon. No paint by manners

Makes more sense now. Very cool, I think it came out awesome.

Love my tikkas. Only B and C stocks for me so far and some fluted bolts returning soon. Great shooters, thanks for sharing your pics.

270quest

WKR
Really nice rifle. Did you use the CTR bottom metal? Did everything fit in the stock without modification? Did you have to bed it?

Bottom metal is factory and was a direct fit with no stock mods needed. The group you see was just bolted in - no bedding. I got greedy and bedded to try to do better and it still shoots the same. Just an accurate damn barrel/action!

R H Clark

FNG
Bottom metal is factory and was a direct fit with no stock mods needed. The group you see was just bolted in - no bedding. I got greedy and bedded to try to do better and it still shoots the same. Just an accurate damn barrel/action!

I really like it. I've been back and forth lately between trying the CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor or getting something in 6.5 PRC. I have plenty of nice light weight rifles and want one extreme long range set up. I really want a little more HP than the Creedmoor even though I will likely never shoot far enough to need it.

My second choice is to build off a Tikka with mag bolt face or try the Seekins Havak.

270quest

WKR
I really like it. I've been back and forth lately between trying the CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor or getting something in 6.5 PRC. I have plenty of nice light weight rifles and want one extreme long range set up. I really want a little more HP than the Creedmoor even though I will likely never shoot far enough to need it.

My second choice is to build off a Tikka with mag bolt face or try the Seekins Havak.

What has me intrigued and something I plan to do is play around with 123 scenars and 130 bullets. With r26 and the ability to push these very fast - over 3k - that has me intrigued.

Sodbuster

WKR
300 WSM
Cerakote and brake done by former owner.

Long action bolt stop done by me.

RedSnake Tactical long action bottom metal installed by me.

Accuracy International 338 LM magazine.

Trigger spring mod done by me.

All my Tikka’s have the cheek risers.
982da4b77cc0c0732c3559bdd4822358.jpg
44c51c286c1a1ad61208afe79276fc6a.jpg

Target is three shots fired at a 100 yds this last Monday.
Berger 215. Reloader 26.
Going to play with that combo some more.