Scope recommendations for 6.5 CM Barrett Fieldcraft

stevevan

WKR
I went with a Kahles 3-9x42 with my favorite reticle, TDS. Mates of nice to the Barrett 6.5.

OP
T

texag10

WKR
My overnight backpacking trip turned into a short day hike due to too much snow on the trail, so I went to the range today to sight in the Fieldcraft and confirm my ballistic table from the Vortex LRBC. First 5 shot group after getting it close measured .7" at 109 yds, then I adjusted up and left using the reticle and got a first round hit on a 2" dot at 400. First round hits at 555 and finally a howling coyote silhouette at 605 followed. After that a guy at the bench next to me shooting a Browning x bolt and RPR in 6.5 told me I should try for the bowling pin at 605. I got it on the 3rd try due to a dumbass mistake on the 2nd shot where I adjusted my windage hold the wrong way.

I also shot my AR and immediately became annoyed with using a bdc with ammo it doesn't match after using the mil reticle of the bushnell on the fieldcraft, but was able to get hits out to 400 on a prairie dog with 55gr wolf gold since I could easily spot my own splash. Moved to pistol and closer range stuff with the AR after and was pretty disgusted with myself compared to when I shot 10k rounds a year.

tGsEqOAh.jpg

QRNET90h.jpg

5blE5p2h.jpg

I will be keeping the LRTSi on the rifle for the foreseeable future because it just makes shooting little things far away pretty easy. I haven't shot a bolt gun in the past decade and have never shot past 300.

deadwolf

WKR
I went with a Talley 20moa rail and NIghtforce ultralight low rings. 6.3lbs all scoped up. Here’s a pic...

5c039a5b24fe8c953d957245801e03f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went back and weighed my setup again, my scale must not have been zeroed perfectly when I weighed previous. This combo puts the rifle carry weight at 6 lbs 10.5 ozs. Luke pointed I that it seemed lighter than it should be so I checked again...he was right. Just a touch over 6.5lbs, I’ll still take it : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk