Legendary Arms Works Stocks

Jon Boy

WKR
A friend had a LAW Professional and it was horrible. Accuracy was 2 moa at best. Had to take a dremel to it and then glass bed the whole thing again (shitty spot bedding from the factory) and then some serious reload work to get it to shoot under 1 moa.

OP
P

packer58

WKR
Thanks, yeah that's not good. The stock i was looking at is definatly not a drop in and would require fitting and bedding.

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few high tech specialties stocks on M70 actions. HTS I believe are the same stock that Bansner took to LAW from what I’ve read on the trusty internet (hahaha). You could confirm. What I can say is the HTS stocks require some work but I’m really happy with mine. Reasonably light and seem to soften recoil but I don’t have a big boomer in one. ‘06 and 7RM are the most I’ve had them on. My favorite is their sheep hunter...just a bit shorter forearm.

The LAW professional stock is a High Tech Specialties "Sheep Hunter" model. Ive worked with High Tech for years before Mark Bansners sold his custom gun shop and started LAW. I talked with Mark at the Wild Sheep Show in Reno a couple months ago and he has since sold his interest in LAW and is now building rifles and stocks again under his previous company........"Bansners"

I never asked him personally but folks who have had issues with the LAW's can send back to LAW and they will be fixed. I own four different LAW professionals and sent one back before I even fired it after requested from LAW. Apparently some of the early serial number rifles had some accuracy issues with them. Mine was actually swapped for a completely different rifle.

As for High Tech stocks they take a little work to get to fit nicely on the action you have chosen. But once properly fitted and bedded they are great lightweight good looking stocks. I would not recommend one of these for your first time bedding a stock or fitting it to a barreled action though. A huge learning curve to get them correctly inletted/fitted.

peddler

Lil-Rokslider
I have a LAW Professional Model, fairly early model that came with a horrible trigger pull but shot well. Sent it back for trigger work, that was fixed and a bedding job was done also. Probably because of complaints. It’s a shooter now especially for what I paid then.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I bought a rifle used that had already been fitted with one and love it. It's a great handling light stock. Feels very good off hand and isn't too bad to shoot of a bipod. I'd like to buy another but don't want to have to fit it.

peddler

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a 6.5 Creedmoor, I don’t reload and it shoots Hornady 129 SST’s great. I have some Norma that I haven’t tried yet. As of 4-1-18 we now rep HSM so I’m looking forward to using some HSM’s.

Just got my Legendary arms 300wm back from its second trip to LAW. First time they rebarreled it and sent it back with test target. I nor anyone who shot it could replicate the group no matter what ammo. I sent it back again and the lapped the lugs, did some work to stock, and opened the muzzle break up. Sent me a test target with .25 group there gunsmith shot. I'll be putting a scope on soon and get it out to the range to see how it shoots.

Only reason I'm giving the rifle a third shot is as LAW is under new ownership and apparently has a new staff building there rifles.

I have used the these exclusively for my lightweight rifles. They are top shelf but, you definitely need to be experienced to setup properly. At LAW they will also need to be finished (sanded/painted)if you don’t pay extra for that. I would deal with Mark directly at his new shop www.bansnersandcompany.com.

Sako76

WKR
I have 2 LAW's, a 280 AI and a 300 WM. Love them, the 280 AI is a 1/2" rifle with Hornady 162 grain ELD-X's and
Nosler Trophy Grade 140 grain Accubonds. Shoots the Nosler Trophy Grade 160 grain Partitions 3/4"-1". I just got the 300 WM and haven't been able to shoot it.