Barrett fieldcraft owners..

Bobbyboe

WKR
I have two weatherbys that put different loads into the same group at 100 yards. Easily close enough for hunting.

My guess is it’s possible for any rifle, but you will have no way of knowing until you try.

R H Clark

FNG
So by your own admission, while claiming your rifles has the same POI, regardless of ammo used, they in fact do not.

So for the OP, and as has been stated previously, different ammo from the same rifle will not have the same POI. It is definitely possible that some MAY match up at 100 yrds, but that is not an true indication of what will actually happen downrange. Far too many variables to take into account : )

Why are you speaking as if you caught the gentleman in a lie? No one has claimed exact same POI,only close enough for hunting short distances and fairly close at 100 yards.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
1/2" or less at 100 yards is gtg for me. With two different loads I can shoot to 1k with only changing elevation which due to velocity changes is different. With .5 mil on the scope I can kill a deer at 300 yards without holding over a deer so to me, equates to multiple ammo having the same zero.

deadwolf

WKR
Unintentionally, I think my comment came across as snarky. My apologies, that was not my intent.

The OP asked if Barrett Fieldcraft owners experienced the same POI with different ammo. Re-reading that first post leaves me feeling that his question is pretty vague. Surely one could expect the same POI with different ammo under the right circumstances. Similar velocity, similar bullet weight, where you are measuring that POI, etc. However, the flight path of the bullet at any given distance could be very different depending on velocity, ballistic coeffecient, etc., and we all know this. So while the POI may be nearly identical between two different ammo types at 100 yrds or even 200 yrds, that certainly will not be the case at 350, 500, 750, 1000 for example.

I guess what I hope the OP takes away from the thread is that just because two or three ammo types meet up on paper within close proximity to each other at 100 or 200 hundred yrds, don't expect that to continue too much further downrange.

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely not as impossible as some folks want to think. I have 4 or 5 rifles that, at 100 yards, will shoot relatively close to the same point of impact. My Montana 7wsm shoots 120 tsx's 2" high at 100 yards, and 162 Amax's 3" high at 100. I used to carry the mag loaded with 120's on sheep hunts just in case something big and furry jumped up at close range and needed some persuasion, and a handful of 162's in case something needed to be touched waaaay out there.

Good bedding will solve a lot of problems with rifles that "don't shoot" or are "finicky"......

OP
N
Bumping this..
ULA’s/NULA’s do have a tendency to have multiple types of ammo impact the same POA at 100 yards, and yes it does have to do with how it’s bedded.

I haven't tried on on the Fieldcraft's yet, having only shot one type of ammo per rifle for the most part. I will check in a few days.

Update on this?

Or anyone else?