Hornady 270 wsm 145 eld x factory ammo

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Midway has this ammo on sale for 40 bucks! Has anybody used it? If so how did it shoot? This is dirt cheap compared to the 60 bucks a box for nosle r ammo.

I handload this exact round and I have had great success with it. I am getting 3180 out of a 24". I have not looked at the velocity on this particular factory load, but i would think it should be relatively close.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I handload this exact round and I have had great success with it. I am getting 3180 out of a 24". I have not looked at the velocity on this particular factory load, but i would think it should be relatively close.

Have you killed anything with it, in particular Elk sized? My son is using this in his 270 win, velocities are a lot lower (right around 3k), but wondering how it would perform on Elk sized game.

I have yet to have an animal in the crosshairs with this load in the gun. I have no doubts as to its effectiveness tho. I have seen a few other critters fall to an ELD-X and the results have been great.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
We have taken a few deer, hogs, javelina. All have been pretty dramatic DRT's, so far using 145 ELDX's from a 270 win, and 200 ELDX from 300 win mag. All have pretty much had the same looking exits, pretty consistent. But not had a chance to use either on anything big yet. I am confident in the 30 call pills, but have not seen or heard much on the 270 145 on Elk. Very curious....